Great new sharpening tool

Woodworks

They're not free. Rather than just pay 100% of the price for one yourself, you pay 500% of the price in taxation, pay a load of politicians and civil servants to write some letters to Specsavers, and then get the same thing.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, AHPP said:

They're not free. Rather than just pay 100% of the price for one yourself, you pay 500% of the price in taxation, pay a load of politicians and civil servants to write some letters to Specsavers, and then get the same thing.

Brilliant! I'm been reacting like that lately too when I hear "free" bandied about. Government doesn't care about cost because they're spending someone else's money, not theirs, and they doesn't care about quality because they're buying for someone else, not themselves...

2 hours ago, Woodworks said:

Seriously guys take your f...ing politics elsewhere. So sick of it on Arbtalk and it's undoubtedly why so many members dont come on here any more :2gunsfiring_v1:

There is a place for politics on Arbtalk it's called the lounge. The problem is posts like this one get derailed my politics.

Back to wearing glasses for reading, this caught up with me two or three years ago. I just couldn't read serial numbers on pumps, motors and the like anymore. I guess I'm lucky considering my mother, father and both brothers have always worn glasses or contact lenses.

18 hours ago, Dan Maynard said:

You'll be having that trouble where you need to put a pair of glasses on to find your glasses....

that used to be my problem before i had the laser treatment back in 2003.Now do have trouble seeing the edge of a saw chain tooth and reading small print forget it without a magnifier 

There's nothing wrong with my eyes but my arms need to be longer. I went to the Optician yesterday and my new specs will be here next week. I got my last pair in 2007 and still use them but the new ones are marginally stronger. 1.5 magnification from the pound shop is my shed prescription.