Chainsaw cutting squint with new bar and chain

id9801

4 hours ago, Stubby said:

I heard somewhere ( on here ) that there was a " dodgy " batch of rim sprockets . Slightely conical dragging the chain to one side . Try putting the rim on the other way round to eliminate this at least .  

The saw is just over a year old it’s only the past few weeks it’s been happening it is definitely rubbing off the cluch tho

One side of the chain might be rubbing on the clutch. Had the same on my 562. It would cut straight for a bit then it would start to cut on the wonk so I would sharpen it then it would do the same again. The chain looks and feels sharp but if you look at the clutch side of the chain you will see a slight line where it's hitting the clutch. Had a friend who had four 560 and it's happened to them to. I would not of known it was that unless he did not say about it

I’ve had the same happen to my 560, and a colleague too! Haven’t have time to cure the problem as been in big timber for so long. Will have a check for a conical rim sprocket

• 2 weeks later...

Have had a chance to use the 560 last week. Had it apart and the chain is hitting the clutch drum. Changed out the drive sprocket, but it didn’t cure the problem. Anyone got any ideas how to stop it happening? It’s driving me mad!

16 minutes ago, CutterSy said:

I should also add, my colleague with the same problem has tried new clutch drum, sprocket, bar and chain. But it’s still happening!

Back to dealer . I have a very early 560 ( 2011 ) and never had that problem .

Edited by Stubby

10 minutes ago, CHC said:

What about shimming it so it sits further away from the drum my old 560 never had the problem either just my new 562

That may mask the problem but wont get to the reason ....there must be one ! :001_huh:

• 4 weeks later...

Here goes, my first ever post on here thinking it might be related to this thread.  I've just bought a brand new Husqvarna 3120XP with a 42" solid bar and chain.  Trouble is I can't get the chain to sit on the sprocket and bar so that it runs freely.  I think I've potentially ruined the chain after firing her up thinking I'd got it and noticed some sparks coming from under the sprocket area.  Some of the chain guides now don't fit back into the bar.  I've bought a new chain H64 404" 0.63"/1.6mm but still the chain won't run freely and looking underneath towards the sprocket the chain doesn't align properly between the sprocket and bar.  I've spent hours trying to figure it out but getting nowhere fast.  There's no point in firing her up again as I'll only damage the new chain again.  I have over 20 years experience with Huskies - 135, 346XP, 350, 555 and 372XP but I'm scratching my head on this one.  Bought online from a well known retailer.  What to do??  I don't have a smaller bar and chain to use that would be compatible

• Like 1

On ‎27‎/‎05‎/‎2018 at 08:47, CHC said:
On ‎27‎/‎05‎/‎2018 at 07:56, Stubby said:
That may mask the problem but wont get to the reason ....there must be one ! :001_huh:

Very true but what is the reason why it's doing it ?? Any one from husqvarna on here??

I would say they know about it and may not know why it is happening...call me cynical:sneaky2: