Hit and run .

Stubby

32 minutes ago, bluebedouin said:

They don't actually.Unless a particular bye law is in place to the contrary,speed restrictions don't apply to cyclists.

Bloody hell. You live and learn.

Any tips on the fastest road bike?

I’m, erm, asking for a friend.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Mark Bolam said:

Bloody hell. You live and learn.

Any tips on the fastest road bike?

I’m, erm, asking for a friend.

My new, (on order) ebike will do 30-35 mph. Imagine riding that back from the pub with piss stained jeans on.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, eggsarascal said:

My new, (on order) ebike will do 30-35 mph. Imagine riding that back from the pub with piss stained jeans on.

If the motor is more powerful than 250W, or if it assists you when you’re riding more than 15.5 mph – it will need to be registered, insured and taxed as a motor vehicle. In this case, you will also need a driving licence, and you must wear a motorcycle helmet.

The maximum penalty for cycling whilst under the influence of drink or drugs is a £1,000 fine

2 minutes ago, benedmonds said:

If the motor is more powerful than 250W, or if it assists you when you’re riding more than 15.5 mph – it will need to be registered, insured and taxed as a motor vehicle. In this case, you will also need a driving licence, and you must wear a motorcycle helmet.

The maximum penalty for cycling whilst under the influence of drink or drugs is a £1,000 fine

Thanks Ben, wished I'd looked into it beforehand!

Take that with the sarcasm that was intended.

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, benedmonds said:

Best get some lycra jeans ordered Eggs.

Whilst driving in the Yorkshire moors a few year ago, I got verbally abused by a group of cyclists who choose to meet me head on, as I peeled off a large fast roundabout,

i.e. they  were deliberately choosing to go against the traffic flow, on the wrong side of a traffic island, headlong into any oncoming traffic..

Can anyone explain this behavouir?

P.S.

We were sightseeing, I was not driving fast, I also saw them in plenty of time, and conversely the must have seen me, but I was, presumably, expected to stop to allow them to recklessly  proceed.

I declined to be so bullied and calmly proceeded, much to their chagrin.

marcus

• Haha 1

I live around the ride london route so we get imported cyclists in vast numbers every weekend 

There is a stretch of dangerous dual carriageway that has 2 seperated tarmac cyclpaths on one side and one on the other 

The biggest cyclepath is maintained constantly swept with roadsweeper and looked after to the highest standard so it looks good for the tv cameras for ride london yet cyclists refuse to use it its a very fast running bit of dual carriageway and if a lorry gets stuck behind them you cant overtake and just makes the situation more dangerous especially one of the hills brings cyclists down to 10mph on a 50mph road there is a very dangerous juntion on the road that has a subway from the cycle path to allow cyclists to cross safely but they all insist on swerving across the road instead i cant understand why they are so intent on putting themselves in danger 

Also i think it should be heavily discoarged to do time trials and such on the road as it encourages them to take risks not pull over and ride dangerously 

The ones peddling along at a sedate pase having a conversation always seem to be more aware of whats around them they pull over or adjust speed to help with overtaking and say thankyou for your patience but the ones clearly timeing themselves are oblivious to the world around them and put themselves at risk how having the competitive type pedals is legal on the road when there feet are clipped in i have seen so many accidents as they cant get there feet down and are to concentrated on that to lool where they are going 

I just cant understand putting yourself in such danger 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, dent said:

I live around the ride london route so we get imported cyclists in vast numbers every weekend 

There is a stretch of dangerous dual carriageway that has 2 seperated tarmac cyclpaths on one side and one on the other 

The biggest cyclepath is maintained constantly swept with roadsweeper and looked after to the highest standard so it looks good for the tv cameras for ride london yet cyclists refuse to use it its a very fast running bit of dual carriageway and if a lorry gets stuck behind them you cant overtake and just makes the situation more dangerous especially one of the hills brings cyclists down to 10mph on a 50mph road there is a very dangerous juntion on the road that has a subway from the cycle path to allow cyclists to cross safely but they all insist on swerving across the road instead i cant understand why they are so intent on putting themselves in danger 

Also i think it should be heavily discoarged to do time trials and such on the road as it encourages them to take risks not pull over and ride dangerously 

The ones peddling along at a sedate pase having a conversation always seem to be more aware of whats around them they pull over or adjust speed to help with overtaking and say thankyou for your patience but the ones clearly timeing themselves are oblivious to the world around them and put themselves at risk how having the competitive type pedals is legal on the road when there feet are clipped in i have seen so many accidents as they cant get there feet down and are to concentrated on that to lool where they are going 

I just cant understand putting yourself in such danger 

If it’s a perfectly flat, level and cleanly swept track with no imperfection, no obstacles and no distractions that is required, or if racing, the pot-bellied maniacs in garish lycra and shrivelled ball bags should get themselves in a velodrome or on a static bike well away from inflicting their addiction on the rest of humanity.  For the (almost) rational majority that have bikes capable of being used on the road, rather than super light weight, mm thin wheels supporting a blind obsession with either speed or distance, you pays your money you takes your chances....  if there has been the thought, time, money and effort of installing a cycle-way, but they are too obsessed to use it, and choose rather to occupy road space, it seems pretty obvious there will be conflict. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1