Would a Sugihara bar fit this?

Woodworks

Yep - this is a very common bar - you could use either BC2M-8J37-A for the pro lam version or BC3T-8J37-A for the pro solid version.

https://www.chainsawbars.co.uk/product/sugi-pro-lam-15-325-058-64-drive-links-husq/

https://www.chainsawbars.co.uk/product/sugihara-15-325-058-64-drive-links-husq/

These are the same mount and same chain spec as that Oregon bar you have there.

• Like 1

Hi Rob. Great service and the bar arrived this morning (very nice :x

Slight glitch in that it does not quite fit the spacer properly. Taken a picture and you can see the gap and how it touches front and back but not in the middle. Now pretty sure I can grind off a bit at the back of the bar without ramifications to make it seat nicely. Doesn't matter if the groove gets a bit shallow right at the back as the chain line misses the back of the bar anyway. Any thoughts on the matter? Also anyone else want to pitch in with ideas?

IMG_20180522_194731.jpg

39 minutes ago, billy68 said:

Ring Riko I’ve converted mine to the new bar no filler strip works a lot better

Got one and I dont like it. The bar is thicker and deeper. Works fine if you have nice straight larger wood but is more prone to jamming with medium sized twisty wood. I have been using a pair of the Oregon bars but they are now heavily worn so trying this. It's thin like the Oregon bar and I suspect much harder waring if my other Sugi bar is anything to go by.  Just got to adapt it to fit.

That's a shame it didn't bolt straight  - I don't see why you couldn't grind off the bar a little at the back - as long as the bottom tang of the drive links are not bottoming out in the rail should be fine. But I can't say yea or nae for definate as my official stance on modification always has to be one of caution due to health and safety..  plus I'm not totally familiar with this machine..

If you think it will work I expect it probably will. If it doesn't work and the bar is scrapped we will refund 60% of the bar cost to you if that helps.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Rob D said:

Perfick - most folks seem to think they last longer than other bars so hopefully you'll find the same.

If hardness is an indication of how quickly it will wear this one should last a lifetime haha. To reshape the bar I started with a file but it blunted a brand new file in just a few strokes. Had to use the bench grinder to shape it. Had it on today and no problems.