new toy! Thor magik petrol 13t

shillo

1 hour ago, fonzy said:

Spin the two bushes that each lever hits.  It's designed to be changed to one handed imo.

Which bushes do you mean?

Ignore the writing on the photo. i had to get Halse of honiton engineers to pop out to have a look at it. it turned out that it had been put together wrong, washers on the wrong side which made the lever catch often. All good now though.

fullsizeoutput_13d3.jpeg

• Like 1

Bushes or stops highlighted in red. Your machine has the updated levers, but don't see the bushes? I did a stint with single controls but went back to double handed operation after seeing some horror show pictures. I found that my left hand thumb and first index finger were getting a little too flirty with danger at times.

Have you got the 4-way? Really efficient in the right sized timber.

P9140002.jpg

• Like 1

There's a reason why its two hand operated.......if you modify it so its one hand operated, then one day you might need it to be one hand operated! It never ceases to amaze me how people seem to imagine that 10/20/30 tonne of hydraulic pressure can be stopped from damaging a human being by hope alone. Same with PTO's There's a reason why they have guards and chains.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Chalgravesteve said:

There's a reason why its two hand operated.......if you modify it so its one hand operated, then one day you might need it to be one hand operated! It never ceases to amaze me how people seem to imagine that 10/20/30 tonne of hydraulic pressure can be stopped from damaging a human being by hope alone. Same with PTO's There's a reason why they have guards and chains.

Yep, worth googling log splitter accident! frightening stuff!

• 2 months later...

Its certainly a lot quicker than the balfor a11 i had before which is why i wanted it as the a11 would not keep 2 people busy, 1 would always end up stood round waiting for the splitter to catch up. I find the foot pedal a waste of time, i took it off, it soon gets buried in log debris which stops it working anyway.

Its not as easy to transport the thing around, a very small base and fairly top heavy make it awkward to secure. i am getting some slots made up so i can pick it up with the pallet forks on a loader.

• Like 2