new toy! Thor magik petrol 13t

shillo

Its certainly a lot quicker than the balfor a11 i had before which is why i wanted it as the a11 would not keep 2 people busy, 1 would always end up stood round waiting for the splitter to catch up. I find the foot pedal a waste of time, i took it off, it soon gets buried in log debris which stops it working anyway.
Its not as easy to transport the thing around, a very small base and fairly top heavy make it awkward to secure. i am getting some slots made up so i can pick it up with the pallet forks on a loader.

I've taken the plunge and got an ex demo model coming from M Large.

I'll have a look when it arrives to see if some mounts for the Avant can be fitted to it to move it around.[emoji1360]
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Al Cormack said:

I've taken the plunge and got an ex demo model coming from M Large.

I'll have a look when it arrives to see if some mounts for the Avant can be fitted to it to move it around.emoji1360.png

i am going for some bits of rectangular section steel fixed to the mount for the wheels to fit the pallet forks on the loader, with clamps so i can clamp it on to the pallet forks. the engine is in the way for a loader bracket to fit and oil is stored in the upright steel section so i wouldn't fancy welding to that. I did think about going underneath the baseplate and enlarging that a bit also. The hydraulically (Avant) driven version is a great idea but i use the loader for bringing wood to the splitter, keeping rings in the bucket to avoid too much bending down. or for drying split stuff to where the customer wants it.

• Like 1

On ‎01‎/‎08‎/‎2018 at 17:51, arboriculturist said:

What is the cycle time on 10" rings?

(presume that's 10'' high rings not diameter) About 5 seconds on a pto version of the magik 13. That's picking the log up from table at waist height, splitting and next log in hand again.

I have a video somewhere.

• Like 1

• 5 months later...
i am going for some bits of rectangular section steel fixed to the mount for the wheels to fit the pallet forks on the loader, with clamps so i can clamp it on to the pallet forks. the engine is in the way for a loader bracket to fit and oil is stored in the upright steel section so i wouldn't fancy welding to that. I did think about going underneath the baseplate and enlarging that a bit also. The hydraulically (Avant) driven version is a great idea but i use the loader for bringing wood to the splitter, keeping rings in the bucket to avoid too much bending down. or for drying split stuff to where the customer wants it.

Had this modification done to mine today. Makes moving it around so much easier. Just need some green paint now!

IMG_7356.jpg

IMG_7357.jpg

IMG_7358.jpg

• Like 3