Safety Recall Notice for some TW 230DHB wood chipper

Timberwolf Official

8 hours ago, Rick2517 said:

Does anybody know the details of this and what the issue is? My 230 was checked by a dealer 5 years ago but yesterday my axel literally split itself away from the chassis and I’m looking at a huge bill to replace for a new chassis. Is there any hope in expecting this to be covered by Timberwolf? The machine is 7 years old 😩

It should have just been changed.... Mine was even though was no issues with mine at the time.... all they did was beef up that axle area to approx twice the thickness and some other bits and bobs..... If you had have had this done then this wouldnt have happened...

Did you own the chipper from new? If so I'd be stamping your feet and demanding its sorted by timberwolf for free.... The dealer hasnt done you a good deed by not fitting the new chassis when it should have been done!

Edited by swinny

4 minutes ago, Mick Dempsey said:

It is 7 years old! 

Buy a new one or fix it, you’ve surely had your money’s worth out of a lightweight chipper.

When does it end Karen?

Nah, If its been missed and should have been replaced under warranty then why let timberwolf off? If all should have had new chassis then all should have been sorted

On 17/08/2021 at 20:15, Mick Dempsey said:

It is 7 years old! 

Buy a new one or fix it, you’ve surely had your money’s worth out of a lightweight chipper.

When does it end Karen?

Thanks for your great advise however thankfully I didn’t take it and instead contacted Timberwolf who where very helpful and are making the repairs under warrantee at zero cost saving me over £3,000.

maybe not give out advise again dude, you suck at it… 

love karen xx 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Just to update I submitted a request under the link Timberwolf left on this thread and within minutes I was called by them requesting to collect the chipper and carry out the repair under the wareentee. Seams it should have been replaced 5 years ago.. they held there hands up and are sorting the problem so I’m very happy and will stay a loyal Timberwolf customer 🙂 

• Like 6

27 minutes ago, Rick2517 said:

Just to update I submitted a request under the link Timberwolf left on this thread and within minutes I was called by them requesting to collect the chipper and carry out the repair under the wareentee. Seams it should have been replaced 5 years ago.. they held there hands up and are sorting the problem so I’m very happy and will stay a loyal Timberwolf customer 🙂 

Happy for you! Thought it would have been an oversight! Happy days