Tree planting spear

I've been trying to find a supplier for the tree planting spears used to plant cell grown trees:

http://www.albatrees.co.uk/?products=planting-spear-uk-made

Alba don't sell them any longer and I already have the Bushpro Hiballer.

This mob don't do them any longer either:

http://shop.visatools.co.uk/tree-planting-spear---fibreglass-shaft-44-p.asp

I've emailed Stanton Hope and not had a response.

I've also enquired with Richard Carter and haven't had a reply from them either.

Does anyone have an idea of a supplier that still has this type of spade in stock?  :confused1:

57 minutes ago, Stere said:

Bulldogs one no good as too big?

Can't find any other brand  of spear in stock apart from this one:

I've tried the bulldog one and the spear type and did better with the spear type.

Thanks for the link to Tudor, that's the type that I'm after, a handle change from T-shape to D-shape shouldn't be too difficult.

Will post up when I get sorted.

Thanks Stere : Tudor were great and sorted me out. After not having responses from the other suppliers I was of the opinion that many were listing these planting spears on their website without having any in stock.

Interesting point Ninja Strike, The bushpro is undoubtedly an excellently made spade, more so than the bulldog, however as I said having used all three the planting spear type worked for me under the conditions.

The reason I don't think a pottipukti would work for me is that a lot of the time I have to do a bit of screefing. The last bit of planting I did was on an old river bed with broadleaf cell grown trees and some that were bare rooted. The stone in the ground was pretty difficult going.

Your right there, Pottipukti only works with cell grown trees, Its very dependent of ground conditions, But if you have the right ground conditions it beats spade planting for speed hands down and is fairly effortless apart from the weight of carrying it. 

If the spear works for you that's the main thing, Everyone likes something different.