Older vans/trucks

eggsarascal

12 minutes ago, AHPP said:

I’d get in touch with the seller and point out you’re serious. Whoever he’s agreed to sell it to probably won’t turn up. People seem to welsh on deals as a rule rather than exception these days.

I've just spoken to him, apparently someone turned up this morning with a pocket full of cash. The deals done.

5 minutes ago, billpierce said:

Shit the bed. Sorry about that eggs..... still more fish in the sea.

Aye. Is there anywhere else apart from the usual auction sites, auto trader and the likes to look out for these old Mercs?

1 hour ago, eggsarascal said:

I've just spoken to him, apparently someone turned up this morning with a pocket full of cash. The deals done.

I am not surprised e6g , had one festering in the yard for years and got 1k for it.It went for export, all they wanted was to hear it run and for it to make its way up the back of the recovery truck. With the pound so low against some other currencies its cheap for them to buy so a good time to off load junk/deaduns. They also bought some old perkins engines which were shot but turned and a vauxhaul brava.:thumbup1:

Bob

Edited by aspenarb
fat fingers and irriteret

7 minutes ago, aspenarb said:

I am not surprised e6g , had one festering in the yard for years and got 1k for it.It went for export, all they wanted was to hear it run and for it to make its way up the back of the recovery truck. With the pound so low against some other currencies its cheap for them to buy so a good time to off load junk/deaduns. They also bought some old perkins engines which were shot but turned and a vauxhaul brava.:thumbup1:

Bob

What would you think the van in the link would be worth b0D?

It was bid upto nearly £7k when the advert was pulled.

19 minutes ago, eggsarascal said:

No idea e6g , probably what someones is prepared to pay for it. Seems expensive for an old truck.

Bob

Mine was scruffier and done 670,000km and I got it for £1650 no mot and not converted. Sold it for £5k after conversion.

If it was was tidy I could see a Merc bus properly converted making more than 7k......

Worth checking gumtree eggs, some. Bargains on there from time to time.