Older vans/trucks

eggsarascal

1 minute ago, Ratman said:

Could put some underfloor heating (electric heat mats) down on your plywood floor then lino over top Eggs, nice and toasty on ya feet when ya step out the shower

I'm metered on the electric so it's going to be gas in there. I bought three full 47kg bottles on eBay a few weeks back for £90, I've bought another four 23kg on eBay to collect tomorrow for £65. I'll stock pile them for the winter.

• Like 1

Heres one for ya egglett! 12v Webasto / Eberspacher night heater, plumbed up to a small external diesel tank, running off a deep cycle leisure battery coupled to a split charge relay and solar panel rig. Run itself on daylight even in winter time and uses next to no diesel too [emoji106] and do same with your camper, cost you less in diesel than it would in mains electric i rekon

13 minutes ago, Ratman said:

Heres one for ya egglett! 12v Webasto / Eberspacher night heater, plumbed up to a small external diesel tank, running off a deep cycle leisure battery coupled to a split charge relay and solar panel rig. Run itself on daylight even in winter time and uses next to no diesel too emoji106.png and do same with your camper, cost you less in diesel than it would in mains electric i rekon

I've had both in the past, I'd have another Webatso, I wouldn't have an Erbersplutter given to me, nothing but problems with the one I had. The Propex in the truck is plenty, probably a bit thirsty on the gas but I can live with that. I'm going to take the propex out next week and send it to them for a service, £70 + any parts, 48 hour turn round. I'm not doing anything with solar until the Spring now, absolutely useless from late Autumn to Spring, I've been down that route before.

I've had both in the past, I'd have another Webatso, I wouldn't have an Erbersplutter given to me, nothing but problems with the one I had. The Propex in the truck is plenty, probably a bit thirsty on the gas but I can live with that. I'm going to take the propex out next week and send it to them for a service, £70 + any parts, 48 hour turn round. I'm not doing anything with solar until the Spring now, absolutely useless from late Autumn to Spring, I've been down that route before.

Webasto are far simpler set up, the ebers are prone to plug failure, are very temperamental and ba*+¥#ds to clean out proper once they’ve gone tits, smell awful for ages afterwards, was just a thought! [emoji106]

4 minutes ago, Ratman said:

Webasto are far simpler set up, the ebers are prone to plug failure, are very temperamental and ba*+¥#ds to clean out proper once they’ve gone tits, smell awful for ages afterwards, was just a thought! emoji106.png

I'll probably stick something like this in there for now and leave it on its lowest setting all the time when it gets cold. If it needs a blast to get the place proper warm before a shower I can go and turn it up. It's amazing how many people are selling full Calor bottles cheap that they no loner want.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/FoxHunter-4-2Kw-Portable-Home-Butane-Fire-Calor-Gas-Cabinet-Heater-Regulator-New/123389024458?epid=16011373641&hash=item1cba8f18ca:g:dMkAAOSwmblZzMVk

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Haven't really started yet eggs, still waiting for garage to do a few things for mot etc. But getting things together, just bought a pure wine wave invertor 600w and have 2x 170ah lead crystal batteries. Will get some solar on the go also......hoping to get to Morocco with family in feb via ssspain and Portugal so got a few months to get sorted.

Also eggs, gotthat 811 workshop manual from ma pal if you need me to send any copies etc?