Husqvarna fuel, aspen?

ag Ed

i was in my local dealer the other day and got chatting, got onto the new husqy fuel as they'd just got the first batch in, the claimed the 2 stroke stuff was just aspen rebadged. anyone else heard this?
same sort of price as aspen and red can for 2 stroke and blue can for 4 stroke so it would make sense. my local husqy dealer is far closer and i much prefer them to my local aspen stockist so will happily move to them for fuel is it's the same juice at the end of the day

The dealer knows nothing about the product he is selling. It’s not aspen. It’s a fuel similar to aspen but it is not made by them. Is has a different chemical make up than aspen and is mixed with there XP oil. If you run husqvarna kit then it makes sense to use it. Aspen is still a very good product but they are not the same.  

Ed, the new fuel from Huskie is NOT rebranded Aspen. It may be similar, it may be just as good, only time will tell.

Aspen have been producing and developing Alkylate fuel blends for over 30 years and their plant and labs are dedicated solely to Aspen fuel, but the Huskie product has been outsourced by Husqvarna.

A few years ago Huskie were selling rebranded Aspen but had a struggle getting their dealers interested so withdrew the product. However, over the last 4 or 5 years sales of Aspen have soared in the UK and most dealers, as well as customers, have taken the whole Alkylate fuel thing seriously. Hence Stihl and Huskie now marketing their own versions.

Aspen however, is still the original and in my opinion , the best.

Edited by GardenKit