Sorting out someone else's mess.

jfc

Thanks for the advice guys/gals - I also had a chat with a guy in a NR van today - who thought they would not charge in that circumstance. So different opinions about NR involvement.

I am not going to ring NR with the concerns and get dragged into the centre of it.

I have rung the client and given her a bit of info about it and said either NR will take pity on her and remove it for free - or may force her to remove it and charge for NR to be present when the work is done. Her choice.

Cheers,

jan.

2 hours ago, openspaceman said:

Which actually also doesn't answer the question.

It does answer it, it's just not that helpful. And I don't know why I didn't just look up Mynors book on tree law. I have now done so and it confirms my research. He adds "It is unlikely to be used much in practice, but it may provide a useful back-up for railway operators seeking to have trees removed by agreement, in their negotiations with intransigent owners of neighbouring land".

There we have it. Cost and process are possible deterrents for NR. It levels the playing field substantially.

Jan,

I'm based in Dundee / Muirhead and if you need a punt out with it give me a shout if your wanting to do it as a pro bono to help this old dear out. I could lend you a spare Saturday / Sunday if it helps.

Regards

Baz

• Like 5

I really cant see what the fuss is about, if the tree is that rotten get a tracked mewp in there and dismantle it. Even the limp wristed among us would mange to hold /cut and throw down the few twigs overhanging the railway fence. Does anyone here see getting that tree on the floor safely as more than a couple of hours work  ?

Bob

• Like 2
  • Haha 1