self powerd processor

tomm156

good morning.

we are looking to buy a firewood processor to replace our vertical splitter. currently we just have a handler we use for moving cages and loading the trailer etc. ideally we don't want to have to buy a tractor and would like something we can lift with the forks and store in a shed. apart from the wp36 is there anything else on the market we could have missed?

also looked at the pto power packs if anyone has any experience of them?

any help much appreciated

thanks all

Tom

Hi Tom. The only other one I have seen in action is the Trakmet. It's  big solid machine but didn't look very ergonomic to use. Big J on here has one so maybe PM him or do a search on here as I think it's beed discussed before. 

I have the static 3 phase Trakmet semi automatic, which is really good. A friend had the fully automatic diesel, mobile version and it wasn't good at all. I don't think that the UK dealer even offers them now.

5 hours ago, kindlett said:

I have a mobile palax machine very happy with it .

I'll second that.   I bought a mk1 combi in 1996 for £2500 from Jas Wilson.  It has never let me down

I fitted a 3 phase motor for work in the yard, wheels and drawbar for towing behind a car.  Of course it comes with three point linkage and pto for taking into more difficult places and I am sure it would not be too difficult to fit an engine to drive the pto if you wanted.

There are more fancy ones which move the wood sideways for you and shift the static axe more easily but they are more expensive and complicated, besides you need some physical activity on these cold days.

Personally I prefer the circular saw of the Combi, as opposed to the chain saw of other makes.

A WP36 would probably cost nearer £10,000 whereas a Palax could be found for less than half that

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Palax-600-Combi-Firewood-Processor-Log-Splitter-circular-saw-For-Tractor-PTO/312121973937?hash=item48abeb5cb1:g:Xs4AAOSwPsBa50Iw