Fired up me new John Deere C52KS mower today

difflock

One of the last of the single speed models, but at £700.00 incl VAT, brand new & included the mulching kit,

I am not complaining.

Built like a brick outhouse, and perfect for mulching Blackcurrent stumps and the recently pruned and discarded Raspberry canes in the fruit garden.

Being in peat, there is no need to worry about hidden stones.

I am most impressed.

It also cuts grass btw.

mth

• 4 weeks later...

Reminds me of my Hayter (not wheel driven though) with a Suzuki two stroke B120cc engine. I use mine for taking down the brambles but need to wear ear muffs as it only runs flat out and it's a noisy b******. Mine was £60 second hand nearly 30 years ago.

We ran those Suzuki 2 stroke engines in(I think) Victa push mowers, quite phenomenally light, powerful and torquy they were too.

The 2 brothers who "owned" them meticulously used the red Stihl 50:1 mix oil, and they never need a plug or missed a beat.

Unlike another individual who mixed by *guesswork, this despite 20 years of experience guidance, explanation and training, and changed plugs oftener than he changed his underwear(probably)

*Idiot, who could not be told,  would never jibble fuel jar remnants to allow him an empty 5/10 or 20 litre jar.

No Sur, 3 litre, 7 litres, 11 litres, God knows how many litres, ergo he could not get a 50:1 mix.

but I digress

We ran those Suzuki 2 stroke engines in(I think) Victa push mowers, quite phenomenally light, powerful and torquy they were too.
The 2 brothers who "owned" them meticulously used the red Stihl 50:1 mix oil, and they never need a plug or missed a beat.

Unlike another individual who mixed by *guesswork, this despite 20 years of experience guidance, explanation and training, and changed plugs oftener than he changed his underwear(probably)
*Idiot, who could not be told,  would never jibble fuel jar remnants to allow him an empty 5/10 or 20 litre jar.
No Sur, 3 litre, 7 litres, 11 litres, God knows how many litres, ergo he could not get a 50:1 mix.

but I digress

Had a couple of those Victa push mowers too. Smaller engine in those mowers but tough as you said