zero tail swing diggers

steve@black

1 hour ago, Matthew Storrs said:

Not a bad idea Marcus! You may be onto something. It could be really simple designs- a long ram that pushes the counterweight out on a sliding bit of box section. Certainly be ideal if working space was not an issue 

Some one has all ready been there sort of, not on a mini but similar idea to above, priestman vc long reach machines half drag line half excavator, so its possible in principle.

3 hours ago, Matthew Storrs said:

I’m just not sure on what I think about the TB225, looking at the specs it really only has about an extra 20cm reach and full height over the TB216 yet weighs an extra 600kg, the lift capacity is quite a bit greater thought. I had a price for a TB216 and it was £17k and the TB225 was £24.5k which is quite a big increase and then I start to think for another grand or two you could have a 2.8 tonner  which with the right trailer and tow vehicle can theoretically be do-able and really is much more of a machine than the tb225 in terms of reach and lift capacity.

It all depends on the applications, the TB225 gives guys who simply loved the TB016 exactly what they wanted, a bigger more powerful one!

You have to remember this machine goes down almost as narrow as a 1.5 tonner, so has a fair chance of getting where required.

Plenty of capacity left for buckets etc without being right on the towing limit all the time.

All the pipework required is available from the factory, and I don’t think I’m sticking my neck out much in saying this will exceed the almost legendary TB016 in terms of residual value if it proves a solid performer.

It may yet be a pile of crap, but I’d doubt it. Can’t wait to have a go on one to see what they’re like.

Loads more options out there if you’re simply chasing the maximum power reach etc, but for a lot of guys here this gets 2.5 tonne plus into a back garden with little hassle.

Eddie.

• Like 1

I’ve never understood wanting to lift the heaviest thing possible at full reach, it’s a digger with tracks, just go closer and tuck it in, wrestle it, drag it or cut it smaller.
I’ve rolled 6 tin out the woods and dragged 3 up some serious inclines.
Once you get in the way of it you can swing 3-4 times in nice and close and past you compared to what you will ever lift at full tilt.
I would only have a zero swing now on a small machine for working close to buildings and trees.
I’ve got a 250kg weight on the back of mine that sits snugly around so still zero swing.
It’s held on with 3 bolts so if you want it off you can do quickly and stick it in the back bed of your tow tug.

On 4/30/2018 at 19:59, Matthew Storrs said:

Is it weak tracking even in low speed? Thw TB125 has good pushing power in low but as soon as it steps up to high speed it drops dramatically.

i think all manufacturers are a little over enthusiastic when looking at their literature specs. To be taken with a pinch of salt for sure.

It's tracking in both high and low is weak, in high I can live with it being a bit useless but I have really struggled with it in low getting out of situations that have taken a lot of work to get out of, shame because apart from that its a lovely digger, it has had the track motor pressures put up a bit which has helped but it still gets bogged down.

Edited by scraggs