Lucky man

stihlmadasever

Very lucky guy to get off with this...

Ive seen some of this guys vids on youtube and id say he's a competant climber that had a brain fart moment and almost paid the ultimate price.

You can watch the whole vid or skip to the accident about 11.50.

Admire him for posting this..

https://youtu.be/BfgTdoyB738

• Thanks 1

He admited that he messed up and good on him for posting this in order that it may open up discussion regarding it.It's clear his groundy needed advice from the climber when he needed to be told when to release the chog (but still took out the fence). It was going well after that until.......... Tip tying the leader didn't help neither did the fact that it wasn't allowed to run.Too Large a bit to be pendulum-ing about like that.Lucky to have got away without a nasty injury or death.But good on him for holding his hands up and sharing.Lesson learnt i hope.

• Like 3

23 minutes ago, silky fox said:

He admited that he messed up and good on him for posting this in order that it may open up discussion regarding it.It's clear his groundy needed advice from the climber when he needed to be told when to release the chog (but still took out the fence). It was going well after that until.......... Tip tying the leader didn't help neither did the fact that it wasn't allowed to run.Too Large a bit to be pendulum-ing about like that.Lucky to have got away without a nasty injury or death.But good on him for holding his hands up and sharing.Lesson learnt i hope.

However experienced either member of the team is, good communication is absolutely vital. The groundie should be acting as a part of the rigging equipment, just like the lowering bollard or the pulley in the crown, with information on wraps etc coming down from the climber who is the best placed to assess each piece to be lowered. :)

Edited by felixthelogchopper
Repetition
  • Like 3

45 minutes ago, Joe Newton said:

The same bloke cut himself out of the tree not long after, badly injuring himself. 

Strikes me as someone who's seen a lot of YouTube videos and not worked alongside any decent climbers. 

Yeah his TIP broke and he fell and fractured his pelvis. He's very gung-ho, done time for sticking up a convenience store with a sawed-off because he was "depressed"... big hammer and sickle tattoo on his chest, yeah, not my kind of person, but I still sub and watch ever vid he produces (very prolific)...

• Like 3