Removal of chipper box for mot

Con

1 hour ago, Con said:

Hi everyone.

I was just wondering if anyone removes their chipper box for the mot? Has anyone had any issues?

Thanks

If you were to remove the chip box for test you would have to add ballast to the chassis because the brake compensator would be at the top of its travel ( virtually no rear brakes). You need a bit of weight on the back so they can get a reading when its in the rollers and to stop them just locking.

Bob

38 minutes ago, Con said:

I've made the box myself. I think I've done a decent job. I'm only asking because I had to remove bull bars on this truck because they weren't standard, and obviously the box isn't either. May be being paranoid

20180428_090104.jpg

Have never heard of bull bar being removed as not standard fitting.

Better got my spanners out and remove winch off the front of landy 130 as its got an MOT tomorrow.

• Haha 1

37 minutes ago, Baldbloke said:

Busy at the moment trying to get all 4 of the Baldbloke household vehicles through before the critical dateemoji23.png

Doing the same thing. My van is due its MOT first week in June, I'm shoving it through the garage next Friday.

Edit: I don't know how taxi drivers/owners are going to get on, my mate runs a local taxi company, he tells me that most of the drivers have had the DPF removed. We'll see..

Edited by eggsarascal
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Baldbloke said:

Mot test getting a lot tougher from 20th May. Any drips of oil (LR) = fail, as does any interference with emissions equipment ie removal of egr valve.

Well this is my concern. I was told to remove bull bars a few years ago as they weren't standard and could worsen injuries/damage to anything they hit. But l can see an over zelous mot inspector saying something about the chipbox. It appears some things are interpretation. We all know, you can take a vehicle to one mot centre for it to fail on certain things, take it somewhere else and it's a set of other things

• Like 1