Removal of chipper box for mot

Con

11 minutes ago, Baldbloke said:

But if there’s a dodgy spark plug or coil your fuel won’t be being efficiently burnt which will come back to an emission fail. Unburnt fuel entering your catalytic converter will also f*** it up.
So although not dangerous still not good enough.

By my reckoning if a vehicle passes the emissions test with the EML on it should pass the test. What ya think?

7 minutes ago, Vespasian said:

...and don't be blaming europe for all these new regulations, they couldn't of brought them in without our own government endorsing it..

Don't talk rubbish. Amber Rudd as admitted she doesn't know what's going on in her own back yard, never mind what's being pushed through from Europe.

3 minutes ago, eggsarascal said:

Yep, remember it well. Thieves would break into MOT stations just to nick the MOT pad. 

went that rout once, bought a dodgy MOT off someone I knew.. asked if it was nicked from a garage assured me it was from a friends garage..   filled it in for me with his best hand writing, that afternoon took to produce at the police station..

spent the next four hrs in the cop shop being interrogated..  they did tell me the MOT in question was from a garage that had recently been broken into..   if it wasn't for the fact I didn't want to be a grass I'd of dobbed him in for lying.   cost me a good few quid that..   I would of been better getting one straight..  never again..

1 minute ago, eggsarascal said:

Don't talk rubbish. Amber Rudd as admitted she doesn't know what's going on in her own back yard, never mind what's being pushed through from Europe.

All these politicians are bending over backwards to go green, not that they have a clue what costs might be involved.. believe me shove some green looking legislation in front of a minister and chances are he'll stamp it without looking to hard into it..

1 hour ago, Con said:

Remember the days when there was a fella in the pub with an mot pad. All you needed was the mileage and reg (and a tenner)

My mate had a Dolly Sprint and for 3 years running he dissolved the biro written  date with brake fluid.  Then  wrote a new one in .  

3 minutes ago, Stubby said:

My mate had a Dolly Sprint and for 3 years running he dissolved the biro written  date with brake fluid.  Then  wrote a new one in .  

That was the only way you could get a dolly through a mot! ?

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Vespasian said:

Yea, brakes and lights and other such things should be checked for, but, if you've cut the EGR off I don't see how thats dangerous..  

If your asking me we should all kick a fuss up about these crappy add ons that hardly work to begin with..  and don't be blaming europe for all these new regulations, they couldn't of brought them in without our own government endorsing it..

Read more  

Supposedly is just EU input. UK motoring organisations that advise government were perfectly happy with existing regulations and actually objected to the new regs.

You are partly correct: That is what happens when successive governments sign away our UK powers to unelected EU bureaucrats.................

After all, the only vote us mugs were allowed was back in the 70's when we voted to join a common market, and nothing else :P

Where's my ladle to further stir matters up:D

Edited by Baldbloke