young person motor vehicle insurance

steve@black

Can any of you arbtalkers point me in the right direction . I insure 2 4x4 and 2 tippers and soon to be another box van . I employ 2 lads of 18 and 19 currently on a part time basis and soon once they are released from college full time . These lads are really capable and great team members and really need them to be able to drive the vans , my insurance is up for renewal and the nfu will not even entertain under 25s. Any help with who to go for gratefully received . 

Don't know whats happening down here then , they approached their underwriters to ask and it was a certain no . Was possible if I held enough other insurance through them (farm ect) but we've only got the chippers and a bit of tool insurance with them  . Fairly sure it is going to sting the bank balance a bit but the benefits outweigh that . 

11 hours ago, roseyweb said:

Aviva do ours 

3rd party only for under 25,s

Trimmed up our insurances this year and gone third party fire and theft on half of them , we run on quite a big excess and as most of the bumps/ scrapes are fixed in house by our one eyed sprayer there seemed little point in going fully comp on half the trucks. Managed to save about 10k on renewal.

Bob

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
On 30/04/2018 at 08:22, aspenarb said:

Trimmed up our insurances this year and gone third party fire and theft on half of them , we run on quite a big excess and as most of the bumps/ scrapes are fixed in house by our one eyed sprayer there seemed little point in going fully comp on half the trucks. Managed to save about 10k on renewal.

Bob

wow that is some saving!