Tesla Powerwall

donnk

Had it fitted yesterday, already had 3.85KW of solar.

The unit 'holds' 13.5 KWH of energy and can discharge a max of 5KW at once. The idea being the solar tops it up when your at work and then you get to use it a night. I also have switched to the 'time of day' tariff which allows the powerwall to charge up (winter/spring/autumn) for 5p/unit instead of 20p during early hours of the morning.

I am fortunate in that it was free, paid for out of my solar payments. 

MhwvAyV.jpg

the display is quite cool, shows where the power is being used.

S01yA13.png

• Like 1

Well done Donnk, I am sure that this is the way forward.

The cynics say that alternative energy is useless as it is either not there when there is no wind or sunshine or in abundance at other times when it is not needed.

If every home and business had one of these it would be a great way to store electricity to keep sensible (rather than "ludicrous") electric cars running as well as lighting the home.

Garages could have an array of panels on their roofs (rooves) or a field full of them to charge these kind of batteries.  

The technology for both batteries and panels will advance in the same way as the ICE

2 minutes ago, Stubby said:

Tesla are at the fore front of battery tech but Vesp wont have this . Its all done and dusted he recons :D

Tesla don't make batteries, or if they do they do its under licence..  not sure if its makita or not.. 

In the case of whatever this Tesla Panel is..  as long as its paid for from his own pocket I wish him well.. however, I suspect I have paid for his free panel out my electric bill.....     in that regards he can shove his panel up his arse..