David Dobedoe

I'm interested in trying some x rings or similar.

Who is now using them in the UK, how you getting on with them?

What are the differences in the various makes?

I'm interested in getting them already in appropriate slings and fit for loler purposes so which uk suppliers are doing this and is the arrangement ce marked for inspections? 

Or do I wait until the arb show and see whats what there?

TIA David

55 minutes ago, Darrin Turnbull said:

l hope life’s treating you well Adam. 

Your videos and posts were second to none.

One of your many videos.

Thanks mate, yeah all good. And thanks for the video share. I occasionally gringe watch myself... 

? ? ? 

53 minutes ago, Steve Bullman said:

Still climbing then Adam?

Not everyday mate. But I do get to do the odd one or two big trees on the estate. Mainly all remedial works and grounds maintenance at the minute buddy. 

• Like 2

Good to read your thoughts again Majestic!

Never tried X-rings, the non-midline attachable thing put me off a bit.

Reg did a good explanation of why friction is sometimes better up the tree than on the bollard, 

I remember you rigging some mahoosive lime heads off rings though, so they must have merit.

Maybe I’m just a tight old bastard with plenty of pulleys?

2 hours ago, Gray git said:

Get a safe block as well as it changes the way you can rig and how the crew can work, hardly use blocks now except on big trunks being heavily dropped.

Since they’ve been out I’ve seen at least 10 horror stories with splices slipping, which hardly fills me with confidence.

20 minutes ago, Mark Bolam said:

Since they’ve been out I’ve seen at least 10 horror stories with splices slipping, which hardly fills me with confidence.

really?  i've not heard a single one.  Surely thats down to the splice rather than the ring though.  You could splice a sling onto a block afterall if you so wished