Happy campers

the village idiot

Have a look here Mr Idiot.

https://www.motorhomefun.co.uk/portal/

You get five free posts then it costs £15/year to join but you do get discounts from most of the companies that advertise on there. Don't get any ideas @Steve Bullman:D

The forum is also treated as a 'club' so you get a discount at any club site should you want to use sites.

• Like 1

Check out the Japanese imports, the pop tops are great for headroom. We had a Mazda bongo  that served well as a family car and occasional camper.  

We have a hyundai i800 now, (not a camper or import) but it would make a good base vehicle for a conversion and half the price of a VW.. 

bongo.jpg

Edited by benedmonds
  • Like 1

I have a T6 Highline Kombi, I use it for work, home and camping. Didn’t want to do a conversion as it needs to be everything for me. So I bought a cheap sofa bed and keep a spare mattress for it when camping. I also bought a drive away awning so I have more space when pitching up.

5C216488-C217-4B51-99A8-95FF66496DB1.jpeg

A8A26924-F5F6-45B3-B8C8-60A8D3741C8D.jpeg

AC745657-22ED-445A-9BEC-76595DAA8CB0.jpeg

• Like 1

I have a Talbot Express Highlander Mk1which I paid £1k for from my brother who no longer needed it and had no where to store it. The moho has a toilet, shower, gas cooker, fridge freezer and is a 4 berth. I have added power steering and have a patch of damp to repair on one of the walls. I am going to strip of the aluminium sealing strips and reseal them and them paint the roof with Cromapol. I am also going to paint the walls as they are a hideous grey colour and it currently looks like wallpaper. I discovered the tyres were 17 years old the other day so all five will have to be replaced with 8 ply tyres as the van is 3.5 tons. Its only done 75k and as its a 2.5 diesel theres loads of life left in it. The moho is 24 years old and is pretty good for its age. The talbots are great as spares are available pretty cheaply and lots of 2nd parts are available from breakers. There is also a good Talbot owners forum with a lot of folk in the trade being regular contributors.
My reason for buying it was for going away to 2 or 3 day craft events and not having to get up dead early or pay for a hotel overnight. My target for getting it moving is the end of June as I have a 3 day event in Sunderland (I think I might be a bit optimistic there!)

What’s the event in Sunderland?

The event is a Crafter's Roadshow in The Bridges shopping centre on the last Friday and weekend in June. CS is a company that organises the events and small craft businesses can book in with them either fro the Friday only or the Sat and Sunday or all three days. They are Glasgow based and organise them in the bigger shopping centres in Scotland. Last year they ventured south of Hadrian's wall and organised them in Sunderland. They are looking to do some in the Metro Centre and in the main shopping centre in Leeds possibly. I have been doing them for about 6 years now and like doing them as you pick up regular customers and the footfall is far bigger than any craft show.

You can check out their facebook page or website for details

The event is a Crafter's Roadshow in The Bridges shopping centre on the last Friday and weekend in June. CS is a company that organises the events and small craft businesses can book in with them either fro the Friday only or the Sat and Sunday or all three days. They are Glasgow based and organise them in the bigger shopping centres in Scotland. Last year they ventured south of Hadrian's wall and organised them in Sunderland. They are looking to do some in the Metro Centre and in the main shopping centre in Leeds possibly. I have been doing them for about 6 years now and like doing them as you pick up regular customers and the footfall is far bigger than any craft show.
You can check out their facebook page or website for details

You’d have thought the only crafts available in the Bridges would be fake nails and pickpocketing. I may visit. How can I identify you?
  • Like 2