Fitting 12v fuel pump to jensen A530t

swinny

Im wanting to fit a 12v pump to my jensen a530t. 

I have the pump. 

Will be looking for an ignition live, is this correct?

is it an ignition live that activates the fuel cut off lever? Holds it out whilst running then lets it go to stop fuel when shut off? If so can i scotch lock into this? Or will it be too much for the wire?

many thanks

Yes you want a ignition live and yes that is the best one your looking at using, don't scotch lock it on as they are terrible things to be using and will be the weak link for sure. It should be a push on connector at the ignition module end or possibly a nut and eye so just crimp on a eye if it is and fit to this or if its a push on snip the existing off and crimp a new one onto the two wires.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

49 minutes ago, john p said:

Just out of interest, how come? Has the lift pump packed in?

Lift pump was dicking about put a fresh one on and every now and again machine would splutter and miss and die off.... unless you pumped the priming plunger....

we had to fit a new filter housing and it came with a plunger housing.

flushed tank out and fitted new lines. Wasnt keen on the new lift pump. Fuel would seep back over night youd have to pump it up again in a morning. Fuel pipe had a split in it on site the other day so  maybe this pin hole has been giving me greif all along till it let go? 

Anyhow bought an electric pump to fit instead as plenty of room and easy enough. Leave lift pump on but disconnected. If 12v pump ever konked out i could just put pipes on lift pump and away i go again :D

• Like 2

Lift pump was dicking about put a fresh one on and every now and again machine would splutter and miss and die off.... unless you pumped the priming plunger....

we had to fit a new filter housing and it came with a plunger housing.

flushed tank out and fitted new lines. Wasnt keen on the new lift pump. Fuel would seep back over night youd have to pump it up again in a morning. Fuel pipe had a split in it on site the other day so  maybe this pin hole has been giving me greif all along till it let go? 

Anyhow bought an electric pump to fit instead as plenty of room and easy enough. Leave lift pump on but disconnected. If 12v pump ever konked out i could just put pipes on lift pump and away i go again [emoji3]

Good call, life’s too short to be waiting for intermittent problems to reappear!
  • Like 1

Just fitted one to my landy for exactly same reasons, that and it's eaten 4 lift pumps in less than 2 years, renewed all fuel lines and now runs much better and they say the electric pumps are far more reliable than mechanical ones.