Come on then own up, whats your record?

jones

Seen a 066 do the same thing to one of the lads i used to work with,kicked back in a bore cut and the handle jabbed him in the gentlemans area...
It was fookn brilliant!
Ive been lucky so far only pinched one saw that wouldnt budge but had to take the power unit off and go get another bar and chain...

Done that too[emoji3]
  • Like 1

Had the 660 to the nuts before.

we felled a large cherry stem at a school and as a try and get out of moving it I suggested it was carved into a bench.  3 lady teachers and the head master saw me take the handle to the nuts...  

After I had finished they said it looked crap and could I ring it up and take it way.

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

14 minutes ago, Rich Rule said:

Had the 660 to the nuts before.

we felled a large cherry stem at a school and as a try and get out of moving it I suggested it was carved into a bench.  3 lady teachers and the head master saw me take the handle to the nuts...  

After I had finished they said it looked crap and could I ring it up and take it way.

That's a bad day at the office.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, stihlmadasever said:

Seen a 066 do the same thing to one of the lads i used to work with,kicked back in a bore cut and the handle jabbed him in the gentlemans area...

It was fookn brilliant!

Ive been lucky so far only pinched one saw that wouldnt budge but had to take the power unit off and go get another bar and chain...

2 for me had to take both power units off as working in our wood next to well used bridleway while I went and got bowsaw which kept jamming like a bastard in the lovely green sappy wood sweating like the proverbial by the time I got one free. 

I can vividly remember being felled by a mere windblown hazel, just a 2" limb, nearly 20 years ago...it was quite straight, lying on the ground, partly covered in the bracken. No apparent stress.

As I cut, it flung the 254 saw casing up into my face with such a force that I was knocked straight over, onto my back. 

The much more terrifying part was the split second sight of the 254 mid-air, returning down towards me..

It missed me the second time -and I was quite relieved to get away with just the mashed nose !

And few stars and expletives..

• Like 1

I had a limb of a large windblown oak hung up in a neighbouring young ash tree, a fork on the oak had jammed against the ash about 5ft off the ground.

I started to try and cut the fork with a husky 60 so the oak would slide to the ground but I managed to well and truly jam the bar.

I went back to the truck to get my little Stihl and when I got back I found that the fork had split, the oak had slid to the ground and in the process had dragged the bar of the husky round the ash, putting a 90° bend in the bar.

Anyone want to cut around corners???

Edited by Wendelspanswick