Looking for a decent cordless chainsaw

Matthew Storrs

4 minutes ago, Vespasian said:

I wouldn't stress to much about evolving battery power, from what I've learned online by experts battery power is at its limits. not only is there no breakthroughs happening in regards battery power, there's no chance of any in the future

The cynical side of me might suspect the REAL experts are doing what they're good at and spending their time looking for those new breakthroughs, not making youtube videos

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, Steve Bullman said:

The cynical side of me might suspect the REAL experts are doing what they're good at and spending their time looking for those new breakthroughs, not making youtube videos

Nothing wrong with looking for a breakthrough..  but I have it on good authority that it ain't gonna happen..  

I sub to a scientist called Thunderfoot, he debunks a lot of outlandish claims by other so called scientists.. he did a breakdown of why battery power has reached its limits.. in essence he says you can pack more energy into a battery, but the more in the less stable..  it explains why you have to charge your battery every other day where as a few years back you got a week out the job..  see, the batteries had more power packed in but then again  they did tend to blow a hole in ones leg ever so often.

They toned em down to make em safer..  the law of thermodynamics comes into play.. explained it pretty well..

left me being able to spout on the subject as I do with a certain amount of confidence..    utube is a great place to learn about science by the way..

6 minutes ago, Vespasian said:

.  it explains why you have to charge your battery every other day where as a few years back you got a week out the job..  see, the batteries had more power packed in but then again  they did tend to blow a hole in ones leg ever so often.

So nothing to do with the technology they are driving being more resource hungry then no?

2 minutes ago, Khriss said:

...or use proven two stroke technology K

The only reason I would want a battery chainsaw is because I don't like attract attention early in the day..  so using one on a weekend early hrs is why I'd get one....

It'd get used a couple of times a year at the rate of knots I do tree's..

1 minute ago, Steve Bullman said:

So nothing to do with the technology they are driving being more resource hungry then no?

I imagine the batteries are bigger than they once were to account for that...   certainly less powerful for the same size as they used to be..

rule of thumb, pack more power into a smaller unit the less stability involved..   take a look at the sun.   same laws apply to batteries..    can't get away from the scientific principals involved...

14 minutes ago, Vespasian said:

Nothing wrong with looking for a breakthrough..  but I have it on good authority that it ain't gonna happen..  

I sub to a scientist called Thunderfoot, he debunks a lot of outlandish claims by other so called scientists.. he did a breakdown of why battery power has reached its limits.. in essence he says you can pack more energy into a battery, but the more in the less stable..  it explains why you have to charge your battery every other day where as a few years back you got a week out the job..  see, the batteries had more power packed in but then again  they did tend to blow a hole in ones leg ever so often.

They toned em down to make em safer..  the law of thermodynamics comes into play.. explained it pretty well..

left me being able to spout on the subject as I do with a certain amount of confidence..    utube is a great place to learn about science by the way..

Would that THE Professor  ThunderFoot  from NASSA ?

Edited by Stubby

3 minutes ago, Vespasian said:

I imagine the batteries are bigger than they once were to account for that...   certainly less powerful for the same size as they used to be..

rule of thumb, pack more power into a smaller unit the less stability involved..   take a look at the sun.   same laws apply to batteries..    can't get away from the scientific principals involved...

I’ve heard it all now ?

• Haha 1