First Aid Kits

Robert Lavin

Hello,

Does anyone have any advice on making sure your first aid kit stays on your harness?

I know you could use a krab, but I find it a bit dangly and snaggy. I've got one of those small Stein ones and the ineffectual velcro / popper combination in conjunction with the tree always means that the first aid kit ends up on the ground.

Anyone got a fool proof way of making it stay put?

Thanks,

Rob.

Hi Steve,

It's a Butterfly (2 - if that makes a difference).

Rob.
I have a climbers bag like a rock climbing one, that I have all my gear in, first aid kit redirect etc... It does mean a dangle bag but just one dangle for a lot of dangles! I have a butterfly too so it does work bit of engineering and a couple of tie wraps! It doesn't get snagged much and touch wood hasn't come off after 6 months!

Bin it and invest in a silver bull one from tree kit! What is the point in carrying some wet wipes and a mouldy plaster up a tree? If you have an accident chances are it will be a big torn jagged cut from a saw chain! They aren't cheap but neither is a new arm! 

Just saying! 

It it has loops in all corners for zip ties a big belt attachment and a loop inside to help get the bandage out one handed. 

• Like 1

I’ve had a Harkie one on mine for two years now and it’s not fallen off, but then the harness is a TM and it is designed to carry one ,previously used the stein ones and they didn’t seem to stay on long even with the TM first aid webbing.

Bin it and invest in a silver bull one from tree kit! What is the point in carrying some wet wipes and a mouldy plaster up a tree? If you have an accident chances are it will be a big torn jagged cut from a saw chain! They aren't cheap but neither is a new arm! 
Just saying! 

It it has loops in all corners for zip ties a big belt attachment and a loop inside to help get the bandage out one handed. 

They look good.