Auto Return Splitter

defender tipper

1 minute ago, defender tipper said:

Well there some big old lumps, whole trunks take to much time getting them on there,and would have to be some Processor, chainsaw and split i would have thought.

hmmm fair enough ive got a rock machinery splitter, it auto returns cant say that helps much though, can fill a ibc cage every 30 with two people. have you thought about splitting into billets then through a saw bench?

8 minutes ago, defender tipper said:

Yes mate, i have thought,but never put it into action i think you may have a point there we have a Bench

so i may do a time and motion and see if it saves time.

is that around 1.2m3 in the ibc? two men one on the saw and one splitting/loading can do 6m3 an hour here, so i

need a good plan to top that.

6 cube an hour?
I rate a good day with the processor at 27m3/8hrs
Your two men will do almost twice that.  I think you are dreaming if you are thinking of getting more production from any splitter, even a self return one

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, bilke_user said:

6 cube an hour?
I rate a good day with the processor at 27m3/8hrs
Your two men will do almost twice that.  I think you are dreaming if you are thinking of getting more production from any splitter, even a self return one

Yes Sorry got that the wrong way round....6x 0.6 bags an hour thats about 3m3...And thats the best we have ever done, more like 2m3 and hour

Edited by defender tipper
mistake