Time to call it a day ?

danroker1987

Hi all 

past few weeks have been very difficult for myself , little to no work coming in , bills to pay etc never have I felt so strongly about giving up the one thing I have loved for the last 15 years .maybe time to call it a day , although I do all my own climbing it does worry me how much longer I can keep it up ! Any advice appreciated to pull me out of this bleak place  . Cheers 

dan 

3 minutes ago, silky fox said:

Hey Dan...If you love it,don'tgive up on it.There is a lot of work about right now if you are prepared to travel,is that an option? Arbtalk and Arbjobs.com all seem to have more jobs appearing within the industry.

Have you ever had hard times in the industry mate?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Sounds tough Dan.

Stick at it if you can mate, the prolonged winter has held everything back.

When the weather gets it’s act together the phones will go mental.

You need a long term plan as well though.

If I had to climb full time now I’d be destitute.

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, Mark Bolam said:

Sounds tough Dan.

Stick at it if you can mate, the prolonged winter has held everything back.

When the weather gets it’s act together the phones will go mental.

You need a long term plan as well though.

If I had to climb full time now I’d be destitute.

Thank you mark, I'm thinking as much ! its just when I'm quiet seems like an eternity!! you know times are hard when you send yourself bagging firewood for next year lol! The climbing thing scares me i have a bit left in the tank but not long!

Seriously considering heading down the ,sawmill ,rustic furniture,welding fused together route

• Like 1

Don't worry bud, every tree surgeon in my area went hell quiet for a few weeks, but its picking up now ! i reckon it was all the shit weather put people off going out into their gardens to assess what needs doing !!! just try and find a side business for the slow times, i find fencing is ideal just effing boring

• Like 2