makita/echo

woodwizzard

14 minutes ago, gary112 said:

Dunno about the Echo 390 but i bought a smaller 352 to try and its a pile of crap,imo,so wont be getting another so i,ll stick to Huskys although like the look of the small Dolmars

The 352 is a domestic saw so it's nothing like their pro stuff.

14 hours ago, Graham said:

The 352 is a domestic saw so it's nothing like their pro stuff.

According to Echo 

ECHO build all their machines to professional standards to meet the demands of domestic customers and professionals, who want to use their outdoor tools to increase productivity and reduce downtime in maintenance.

If a saw starts, runs and cuts what makes it rubbish. Did you have problems with the saw Gary ? Don't just slag it and leave us hanging.

It was just so underpowered and slow cutting so i abused it a bit and then it started running like crap so chucked it in the shed and forgot about it and bought a Husky 435 which i,ve had before and well happy with it i only wanted it for a bit of hazel coppicing but it was no good

It was just so underpowered and slow cutting so i abused it a bit and then it started running like crap so chucked it in the shed and forgot about it and bought a Husky 435 which i,ve had before and well happy with it i only wanted it for a bit of hazel coppicing but it was no good

You should have tried the 390, it really is a great little saw. I had the opposite experience, I brought a Husky 435 and found it tedious to start, underpowered and generally unreliable. Ended up giving it away to a mate.

On 14/04/2018 at 11:46, gary112 said:

I think we all have different experiences with all makes and models of saws and some of us like em and some don,t

If you get fed up of seeing it at the back of the shed I'll take it off your hands, I like trying to sort saws out whatever make. 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Would any of you guys that have the cs390, be able to stick up some videos of the saw cutting. I have seen Robs couple, but there isn't much cutting action. Be good to get an idea of how well they cut at max bar length if possible please.

• Like 1

On 4/14/2018 at 10:25, gary112 said:

Sounds like that was one of the non tuned saws.. There was a batch of echo saws released in uk that were not tuned up. This has hurt echo a little bit.