What type of wood is best for firewood?

Mr Burn

If I could only burn one it would be sycamore but as long as it’s dry any will burn. As some one once told me ‘ the only tree that won’t burn is a lavatory ( lava-Tree) ‘

Will someone please post the fire wood song. Thus will tell mr burn all he needs to know[emoji106]

• Like 1

DON’T post the firewood poem.

It’s a crock of shite that has held suppliers back for years.

Basically dry is good, not dry is bad.

I like to mix it up because different woods give different ‘action’.

Properly seasoned conifer gives loads of flame and crackling, and great heat, but you sacrifice longevity.

A decent log store and basket is a must, whatever your taste.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 2

All the above and FFS don't be put off by the no nothing twats that tell you " soft wood is no good " " it tars up your flu "  Soft wood is great fire wood . Wet wood tars up the flu . North America and Scandinavia don't have a problem with it .  If seasoning your own wood ..........Keep the rain off and let plenty of air circulate .

• Like 3

I installed a Morso in the garden room, & fired it up last autumn, burning purely conifer.

I was tiling the wall recently and had to remove the flue to tile around it, the flue absolutely "spotless", some fine gray dust was all.

but my wood is bone dry.

P.S.

The clay liner lined chimney, the flue feeds into has not been cleaned in 22 years, despite serving the Morse in the other room for these 22 years, and is also still very clean, or at least it still "pulls like a train" draught wise.

marcus

Edited by difflock
  • Like 2