Morning all!

SimpleSimon

9 minutes ago, Stubby said:

I have used various chippers over the years ( the last being a Jensen A540 ) and never had a ticket . Will I go to prison ? 

Yours truly is a story of survival against all the odds, I look forward to the film adaptation ?

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, Stubby said:

I have used various chippers over the years ( the last being a Jensen A540 ) and never had a ticket . Will I go to prison ? 

If its that idiot Planning Officer you stuffed through it - ummm yea !! :P K

Everyone has already give you some good advice there buddy! But like yourself I had a 13 year career! And switched at aged 30 into Arb I now climb week in week out! Just go for it if you want it enough you will make it happen! Life's to short mare! This industry loves a grafter who stays of there phone! Ha ha and that my friend is worth more than any ticket! Good luck buddy!

• Like 2

I do 20 hours a week as a Support Worker. That gives me a low level income , but steady. I get 5 weeks holiday too. I am self employed. That gives me a safety cushion , or an easy time if I get too knackered doing trees and stuff. I am nearly 57.

I would suggest to try building up your tree/garden work around your local community....Do a good job and get known. Get some small leaflets out there and bit by bit you can build up the amount of work coming in. 

• Like 1

On 07/04/2018 at 10:35, jrose said:

..... If you're looking to go into forestry, a saw then becomes a priority. Look for a decent secondhand 50/60cc pro saw, rather than a new homeowner obe.(assuming you don't want to drop £600 on a new pro saw.) Stihl ms261 or ms362, or husqvarna 550xp/560xp are the most commonly used.

Where would be a good place to look? 

I reckon a second hand one to tide me over is a better option just now than punishing the credit card for a new one...

20 hours ago, SamHulston said:

Sound like your in same boat as me expect I care for the elderly and I’m 25 booked my CS30/31 and currently do a day a week with local tree firm and then I’ll follow my nose. Although this forum has provided plenty of advice

Sam

Sam, did you just ring round local companies and ask if anything was going? 

Is there much call for casual/part time labour?

Sam, did you just ring round local companies and ask if anything was going? 
Is there much call for casual/part time labour?

Literally what I did rang around and asked if there was a chance I could do the odd day with them unpaid and from there ended up turning it into paid days.

Still a journey but I’ll keep at it aim to get a reputation for myself.

Sam