Unwanted nocturnal visitors again

Forest2Furniture

I’ve had the police out to me twice recently courtesy of my neighbour who didn’t like me running my car to defrost it. He told them I was poisoning him with radon and was leaving the car unattended whilst running. They now have me logged under anti social behaviour, work that out when tools are getting nicked left right and centre and all you get is a URN for your insurance company.

Edited by Arborist
  • Like 1

Hi those mine things are ace if you don’t want to actually hit someone then aim it into a piece of steel pipe with an end welded on it a 12 bore cartridge goes off with a hell of a bang shit me the first time I set one off and I was expecting it £8 from a farm supplies shop I have a few , makes you wonder what the plod actually do bother with these days 

• Like 2

i screwed one to the gate post just on the inside by the handle, i put a 12g cartridge in but did not set it, anyone opening the gate or casing up would see it and think the better of it, i think the fact it was positioned so close to your face had the effect of making them think that this guy has lost it, in reality it was safe and was never going to go off, we had no more trouble after that, and i had been done over twice in the previous 6 months, the blanks are loud enough to burst an ear drum if positioned poorly so be careful !

• Like 1

On 06/04/2018 at 21:53, Bustergasket said:

IMG_2822.jpgIMG_2823.jpg
these things are great, you can get black powder blanks, however the base is the same as 12g, just don’t forget where you have set the trip wire otherwise your ears will be ringing if not bleeding !

Used those when we had hay being taken from the farm yard overnight,  work well.  If you cut the tube back on the end of it you get a bigger bang !!.

The Police response issue is due to Police numbers cuts, chief constables prefer palatial buildings.  If you knew just how many are on duty at any one time you would be horrified.   Recently I got blue lighted for parking under a working streetlight on the top of a hill in a small local twon without leaving sidelights on,  had I left the sidelights on I would have had a flat battery in about 30 minutes.     I know that the constable who had a chat with me was the only one within 15 miles.  He has to cover a fair size town and about 35 villages,  helped by a couple of PCSOs.

So they are unlikely to be wanting to put themselves into any dangerous situation as there is just no trained back up.     

If you shot the perpetrators on the other hand you would have armed response police with you in a matter of minutes.

A

Edited by Alycidon

On 14/04/2018 at 20:18, Alycidon said:

Used those when we had hay being taken from the farm yard overnight,  work well.  If you cut the tube back on the end of it you get a bigger bang !!.

A

Its lengthen the tube not shorten it, sorry.