Which Saw bench

Lazurus

Its possible that the emergency stop/stop button is needing an anti clockwise turn to get it to pop out so then the start button will work. I have this on my Sedgwick MB planer thicknesser and is a good safety feature if you have inquisitive visitors who like pressing buttons despite being told to leave things alone.

My big saw bench is a Griggio panel saw and came with every accessory possible. About 9K new, the Royal Conservatoire of Music, Drama and Dance in Glasgow got a huge grant to refurbish their theatre workshops and sold off all their machinery for peanuts. My saw cost £350 as the previous buyer paid for it and didn't pick it up! I didn't realise that there were four huge concrete slabs in the base which should have been removed in order to get it in the van without a hernia. As luck would have it there were plenty of workmen around and it took seven of us to get it in the van. At my workshop we used a local factory's fork lift truck to stick it inside. The van also badly failed the mot the following day on the suspension side and I just scrapped it. The saw has managed to cut down 45mm sheets of mdf which weigh 96kg each so its quite impressive in use

Ok so found it is a tiny piece of plastic broken off the electro mechanical switch - or at least that's all I can find, appears to not let the start button operate and kick in, took some pics into local electrical retailer and he is getting one in for me. Anyways hopefully that will sort it as the rest of the saw is in tip top condition, checked all the settings, fences, sliding table etc and all appear spot on. So not excuses for poor accuracy now.

Also the good lady came into the workshop with a cold beer ( well trained) and never batted an eye, I think it must appear as"just part of the furniture"

Been scouring the interwebb to find this bl00dy switch, even the local electrical wholesalers said there are none in the UK (German machine) so reluctantly I went to the main agents, they have one...... £60!!! so had no option but to order. now those I found on the internet were around 25 euros (albeit out of stock) someone is making a huge profit on a small switch.

Swirch.jpg

Thanks guys, I did try ordering from Germany but had issues with dispatch, I got an email saying dispatched, then one saying delivered, then a third saying return received........ all within a day. Some sort or language or clerical error. An ways bit the bullet and got the one from the dealers, turned up yesterday. I needed the Tripus make as the switch casing is designed to hold it in place via some moldings.

Upshot it she works, the saw is up and running, and pretty darned good to, just need a bigger workshop now.

• 1 month later...

Well I got away with it. The SWMBO took some blades in to be sharpened and never even asked what they were from - result.

Well must say I don't know how on got on without an accurate table saw for so many years. I had a couple of straightforward boxing jobs to do. The saw was mm accurate and the angles are a breeze, made my work look half decent!!!

• Like 2