Running business from home

forestboy1978

45 minutes ago, forestboy1978 said:

I followed this government website to the letter... https://www.planningni.gov.uk/index/advice/advice_apply/advice_apply_homes/advice_around_home/advice_home_structures.htm

In no way have I not adhered to all the stipulations given in that list....

Literally this country is a joke... you can't abide by the law even when you are trying to it seems....

Did you tell the council bod that you propose to use your shed for the storage of work tools, and/or use it to manufacture gates?

Edited by eggsarascal

Kill him with kindness! ‘Thank you so much for letting the council have a look at my shed to make sure it’s all above board- you’ll be pleased to here that it is but nevertheless I don’t know how I would have done it without you, i’ll be sure to return the ‘favour’ someday’

or something along those lines

2 minutes ago, forestboy1978 said:

Of course I didn't! What's your point please?

It's the only reason I could think of them getting back to you after a site visit where they agreed it was ok. Reading the planning portal I can't see anything other than that they can object about.

1 minute ago, eggsarascal said:

It's the only reason I could think of them getting back to you after a site visit where they agreed it was ok. Reading the planning portal I can't see anything other than that they can object about.

Ah! Yeah I think him saying, yeah thanks, everything's fine, was him saying yeah I'm good, I'll go off and write this up and screw you over. They probably don't like to cause confrontation at the premises. 

The guy is saying it's not in keeping. He seemed quite sound as is going to ask around the office for opinions on what  I can do to fall in line with this arbitrary "in keeping" scenario. 

I'm also going to pay for retrospective planning application just on the off chance I win it but if I don't I guess I'll have to cut some of it down. But again the question is how much needs to be cut down to fall into the "in keeping" scenario. 

11 minutes ago, Mick Dempsey said:

I suppose you took a gamble on the planning, and lost.

I tend not to gamble. 

I looked at the government regulation and according to them, assuming I wasn't actually working in the dwelling, it should be legal. Local authorities, evidently, have their own criteria.

I'm very surprised by this. I'm not sure what my next move is going to be but I intend to obviously contest it in some way or another.  

19 minutes ago, Mick Dempsey said:

It's a nice looking space, of course we can’t see the context so it’s impossible to comment with any authority on the council decision.

Good job you never got round to giving your mate a mouthful!

Indeed Mick lol. I had the same thoughts...