Running business from home

forestboy1978

1 hour ago, Ian C said:

Pretty sure you do not need planning for a temp structure like a shed.

You do if it is

A- Above 2.5 meters in height and within 2 meters of a boundary 

or 

B- below 2.5 meters in height and within 2 meters of a boundary and takes up 50% or more of your garden space. 

24 minutes ago, Will Heal said:

Nice shed! As for your neighbor, just shit in a paper bag, light it, stick it through the letterbox and call it quits, I’ve had neighbors like that and that’s the least he deserves

Dunno where he lives. He's the landlord, not the occupier. I like the tenants. They think he's a class A wanker too!

• Like 1

You do if it is

A- Above 2.5 meters in height and within 2 meters of a boundary 

or 

B- below 2.5 meters in height and within 2 meters of a boundary and takes up 50% or more of your garden space. 

But if it’s not you don’t! The answer is right there

1 minute ago, Ian C said:

But if it’s not you don’t! The answer is right there

Yeah but you aren't allowed to run a business out of it and that's my point. At what point is your business being run out of your shed? Can I build gates in there to sell? Can I maintain tools and plant? Can the lads turn up in the morning and make coffee in there and move tools in and out of the van etc. etc. 

I'm just being thorough. If I had to take the shed down for whatever reason then I'd take the kick in the nuts and so be it. But for this prick... over my dead body is that shed coming down...

Cameron has a posh shed/office in his garden. He is writing his memoirs there. Pretty sure he'll make plenty once there done.

Unless your business activity can have a material affect on your neighbours, noise, clutter etc, I can't see what grounds there could be for any objection.

10 minutes ago, forestboy1978 said:

Yeah but you aren't allowed to run a business out of it and that's my point. At what point is your business being run out of your shed? Can I build gates in there to sell? Can I maintain tools and plant? Can the lads turn up in the morning and make coffee in there and move tools in and out of the van etc. etc. 

I'm just being thorough. If I had to take the shed down for whatever reason then I'd take the kick in the nuts and so be it. But for this prick... over my dead body is that shed coming down...

I'm pretty sure you can make things to sell in your shed. Lads turning up and making a brew and parking their vehicles there will be your stumbling point.

• Like 1