Running business from home

forestboy1978

21 minutes ago, forestboy1978 said:

Here's a link to the letter I received from LA. If anyone knows anything about this kind of stuff I'd love to hear your views. 

Ta

https://www.dropbox.com/s/11jb68qq642c22g/20180414_094304.jpg?dl=0

My first thought is how have they come to the conclusion that the shed is going to be used for business purposes.

25 minutes ago, forestboy1978 said:

Here's a link to the letter I received from LA. If anyone knows anything about this kind of stuff I'd love to hear your views. 

Ta

https://www.dropbox.com/s/11jb68qq642c22g/20180414_094304.jpg?dl=0

I’d remove the materials from the front of your house and anything business like from the shed, I’d speak to your legal eagle and get their views because they can’t prove it’s for business so I’d stick a beer fridge in pool table etc and when you receive something else more damping Id argue it’s for personal use and that you have followed the rules and regs to the letter. I would have a few bbqs and family/friend gatherings and post a load of photos on social media showing the sheds use in a personal way. If you have to go to court surely you would have enough evidence to support it’s for personal use in which case you haven’t broken any laws, end of and job done. 

If you tidy your place up pronto they also have no evidence of how long building materials have been at your dwelling you could state they where in transit to a job location however you couldn’t afford to leave them vulnerable over a weekend on a job site. In court common sense would prevail if you have all of your ducks in a row. 

Playing devil’s advocate.

It’s clear to them that this is a bit more than a shed to store a few bits and bobs for diy etc.

They must know your business, whether by your neighbour or not.

They are very small gardens (I had a look on Google earth) It does give it a bit of an air of an industrial estate.

Just trying to give a balanced view. 

• Like 1

Sorting the driveway tomorrow. Gonna empty the shed and try and drag it 6 inches so I can install a gutter stopping water running onto the fence. 

Got no where to put the stump grinder ATM and the shed has already been viewed with it in so dunno.. 

Bloody house is not large. Not huge amount of storage and no garage so it's not infeasible to have a large shed for storage and it is within government spec. 

I am hearing what's being said though. Obviously I think it's a bit tight. 50/50 but worth fighting. 

If you have followed the rules and regs like you say you have and can move everything business like out turn it into a man cave for a while how can they disprove that it’s for personal use?!

The problem you have as far as I can see is you will be able to keep it for personal use but that stops you storing work kit in it, if it was your intention all along to store work kit in their then you haven’t followed the rules and regs at all as you would have needed planning for a business dwelling. 

Personally id keep it up for personal use then after 12 months has passed flout it’s use a little. 

A summer house with a bar and pool table isn’t all that bad for the bbq season. 

• Like 1

Maybe it’s just my inherent confrontational disposition, but....

My very brief reply would along along the lines:

How about you try and decide if it’s “expedient” before you next write, my time is too valuable to be filling in forms and writing back to your BS letters!

(In all seriousness, they are TELLING you they don’t know if it’ll be worth their effort....  Oblige them with even less effort! Depending upon your confidence levels regarding the shed’s eligibility)

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

28 minutes ago, kevinjohnsonmbe said:

Maybe it’s just my inherent confrontational disposition, but....

My very brief reply would along along the lines:

How about you try and decide if it’s “expedient” before you next write, my time is too valuable to be filling in forms and writing back to your BS letters!

(In all seriousness, they are TELLING you they don’t know if it’ll be worth their effort....  Oblige them with even less effort! Depending upon your confidence levels regarding the shed’s eligibility)

Yeah sounds like BS speak to me. It's either necessary or not. Expediency has nothing to do with it.