Running business from home

forestboy1978

6 hours ago, forestboy1978 said:

1 ...The guy is saying it's not in keeping.

2...I guess I'll have to cut some of it down. But again the question is how much needs to be cut down to fall into the "in keeping" scenario. 

1.I'd get him to define that & the reasoning behind it.

2.It may not be the size.As strange as it may seem,it may be because it's not the same colour as everyone else's!

As you're right next door to a builders yard,I'd love to hear their logic of not in keeping with surroundings!

Edited by bluebedouin
  • Like 1

"If" it's out of order, let them tell you why.

"If" it isn't they won't be able to.

"If" you (pay) apply for consent they may or may not approve - but they'll have your money.

"If' it is "allowed" they'll still have your money.

"If" it is isn't allowed you may have to take it down, but that won't happen for quite some time and you won't have paid for the privilege. 

Without providing any advice that may or may not choose to act upon, if it were me, I'd leave the letter in the "maybe I'll get back to that after I've tidied the cutlery draw" file....  

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Don’t apply if you do your almost admitting to doing a wrong, seek legal advice as if you say you have followed gov rules and regs how can they make you take it down?! Maybe if your all legal and a legal eagle agrees your legal and he responds to anything you may receive that should be the end of it. 

• Like 2

Speak to a planning consultant. Let him deal with all future correspondence. Don't get back to them until they get back to you.
If they get back to you they will likely give you a short time frame to deal with so best to organise now.
If other people have sheds, you are not in a conservation area or an aonb then definitely don't apply for planning.

• Like 2

Employed a local planning consultant. He's visiting next week. His advice was the same. Do NOT apply for planning permission, you wont get it and you don't need it. 

Seems to think that if I have planning rights or something or other on my property, which most have, then I'm within the law and highly unlikely I'll be forced to take it down. 

1 minute ago, forestboy1978 said:

Employed a local planning consultant. He's visiting next week. His advice was the same. Do NOT apply for planning permission, you wont get it and you don't need it. 

Seems to think that if I have planning rights or something or other on my property, which most have, then I'm within the law and highly unlikely I'll be forced to take it down. 

With the state of most council finances at the moment, I wouldn't imagine they will want to get into a drawn out process with you unless they are 100% sure of their ground.

• Like 1