A Quiet Country Lane

Billhook

The problem will only get worse, here in darkest Norfolk they have started charging for DIY waste

DIY waste guide prices

Cost per item or per 80 litre bag or equivalent:
  • Rubble £3.00
  • Timber £3.00
  • Non-recyclable waste £5.00
  • Metals Free
You can dispose of flat glass, plasterboard and tyres at Caister, Dereham, Hempton, Ketteringham, King’s Lynn, Mayton Wood, Mile Cross or Thetford.
  • Plasterboard £9.00 (£15.00 at Mile Cross Recycling Centre)
  • Tyres £4.00 per tyre
  • Flat glass £5.00

Saw this on Look East! With the council guy sayin it wouldn't increase fly tipping, what a load of bollocks, fly tippin been gettin worse n worse as they keep changing regs/closing dumps, happens almost daily on an estate I work on, and don't get me started on McDonald's wrappers!

10 hours ago, Billhook said:

could they not just back into a field gateway,

What makes you think I want it in my gateway?

Not only am I blocked out of my field I also have to pay for it to be removed. Fed up with having to deal with someone else's crap.

9 hours ago, Peasgood said:

What makes you think I want it in my gateway?

Not only am I blocked out of my field I also have to pay for it to be removed. Fed up with having to deal with someone else's crap.

I agree Peasgood, I just meant that it would have been slightly less inconvenient to have it in a gateway because cars are now becoming stuck in the very wet verge. 

I have had sofas. armchairs, brick rubble and general waste dumped in the fields as well as a great number of cars over the years, some burnt out.  They seem to have almost solved the car problem by presumably making it worthwhile to trade in, or the owners more traceable.

In the same way I hope the proposed deposit system on plastic works as well as it did on the old Coke bottles.  Can someone not come up with a scheme to reward recycling of garden waste and trimmings?  It must be cheaper than sending people out to clear up stuff in the middle of the road.

• Like 2