Boots

Will Ingleton

Hello all, I'm after some boot recommendations. 

I've had a pair of Meindl Airstreams for coming up on one year, and they've been a nice, comfortable boot. But unfortunately a fair few construction quality issues has left a lot to be desired. When I have to replace them (before the end of summer at this rate) I'd like to go for something different as I'm just not convinced by these. A friend of mine has had a pair of them for about a month and they've started falling apart. Has anyone else had these issues? 

So what I'm after is some alternative boot options please! Majority of my work is as a groundie but I do a fair amount of climbing, so would like something lightweight. 

What other boots do you rate well?

I've had a brief look at the Husky Technicals and they look nice, but has anyone had any experience with them?

Thanks in advance!

Will

Someone i used to work with wore the husqvarnad and i have never seen a pair of boots put up with so much abuse i dont use chainsaw boots very often so my cheap oregons look new after 3 years  but if i ever have to wear chainsaw boots full time it will be the husqvarna i buy as i go through regular boots every 6 months so tbh it would be more economical to just buy the husqvarnas

21 minutes ago, tonytree said:

I have Pfanner Zermatt they are good boots for both groundie and climbing

15 minutes ago, Alex O said:

Hiax protector pro, good support and quite narrow good for climbing and the extra height gives good support when wearing spikes.

49 minutes ago, dent said:

Someone i used to work with wore the husqvarnad and i have never seen a pair of boots put up with so much abuse i dont use chainsaw boots very often so my cheap oregons look new after 3 years  but if i ever have to wear chainsaw boots full time it will be the husqvarna i buy as i go through regular boots every 6 months so tbh it would be more economical to just buy the husqvarnas

Thanks for your replies and opinions! I'll look into all those :thumbup1: 

They look like a solid boot! What's the weight like on them?

Have no idea on weight, but probably not the lightest boot on the market. I have been buying hiax boots for the last 9-10 years. But it just suits me and what I need, not everyone’s cuppa tea

3 minutes ago, Alex O said:

Have no idea on weight, but probably not the lightest boot on the market. I have been buying hiax boots for the last 9-10 years. But it just suits me and what I need, not everyone’s cuppa tea

Testament to them being a good product that! I'll try some on. Any experience with the Protector Light?