How to price up an old Landrover

Woodworks

Some friends of ours have an old 90 that's been sitting in a field for some years. They have now come around to the idea it should be sold before it completely rusts away. The thing is its ridiculously low miles for it's age so they have no idea how to work out a price. Are there any good landrover forums or groups where they could get advise on how to work out a fair price?

Thanks

Put my old 90 on eBay at a similar price to other listings, sat back and planned early retirement....got masses of offers usual £5 and half bottle of wine, swap for my grans old Skoda, etc, loads of ‘interest’ but not one single person came to view it and I didn’t sell it. 

Plenty of dreamers but don’t think a lot are moving at the prices advertised, I’d list it starting at £500 and you’ll probably get some actual bids and get a good price.

If it's naturally asphyxiated or a Turdo with a manky chassis and a rotten bulkhead then £1000 would be excellent news. There are still plenty of people breaking low mileage examples just to get hold of straight panels to keep higher mileage well loved scruffbags going.

Low mileage farm trucks of any make are often a bit rank, especially compared to things that have ripped around on the motorway every day and seen a spanner very regularly from necessity. Condition and usability are much more valuable than low mileage.

I remember looking at a 'one owner from new, low miles' farm grade Daihatsu Fourtrak that should really have been scrapped, ended up getting another Fourtrak with 4 times the mileage that had led a happy life wafting around on tarmac and being dealer serviced.

• Like 1

Its worth what someone’s willing to pay, I’d take some good photos and list on eBay starting at 0.99p with a reserve of something their happy with for let’s face it a metal box nobody cared for. 

Sometimes people expect to get the world for something they didn’t look after!?! 

20 hours ago, Matthew Storrs said:

I disagree with all the above Beau. If it’s the Landy I’m thinking off, it’s worth £1000 and should be sold immediately to me before it rusts away.:D

Sorry Matt but you have to get in line xD

Got a few friends who have had their eye on it for many years. To be honest I think Will is spot on and I would always rather have something that had done some miles than the life this one has had of pottering around the Devon lanes at 20mph. Looked underneath and I think it may well need a new chassis to get it on the road :(.

It's getting taken down to Mark Kelly to see what it would need to be made roadworthy. Are you seriously interested if my mate passes? Dont think it's going to go for much anyway if it's a new chassis job.