50 cc saw

nemcc

What moneys worth of fuel are you putting through such a saw per year?, 

No real science involved but I reckon(ed) once the purchase/depreciation and mechanical maintenance costs of a car = money spent on fuel.

call it quits

Is there an equivalent ratio for 2 stroke stuff?, other than 50:1

On ‎02‎/‎04‎/‎2018 at 21:15, arbogrunt said:

all my problems have been carbouretter related...the actual saw has been great. Ive replaced it now, just had enough of it conking out on site. Now I now what the 'C' stood for ;)

Was it an early model of the M - tronic saws?

Edited by Sambo

A 560 :P

Seriously though a love my 560 and tempted by a 550 when money permits just as a lighter and less thirsty saw 

Having the electronic carb on my 560 I would whinge if I had to have a manual adjustment carb as my daily saw

• 2 weeks later...
50cc saw - 346XP or MS260................... the 550 and 261 both have issues, the 261 with the sprocket bearing and the 550 with low compression, cylinder issues and overheating.
I am getting a lot of people ask about stocking up on old saws to avoid the failure of new ones. Sure, the new ones are exciting, light, powerful etc but having them last 2-4 years is less appealing. The issues are based round the fact they use less fuel and are leaner running. Basically means less oil is floating round the cylinder and bearings. I have just ported a 346 and 357 for one owner and reckon they will be about long after a new 560 or 550 would have lasted.
I think the best strategy is to run older saws and keep them fettled or to buy new and sell them on every 2-3 years. Manufacturers charge silly money for spare cranks and cylinder kits scrapping many a saw to be replaced by......another new one!

30 years ago we used to advise not fuelling 2T race bikes with an overly heavy oil premix. Owners thought they were coddling their engines by adding a drop more oil but it actually seemed to make the top ends run too lean.
  • Like 1