Mini digger flails- are they worth it.

Matthew Storrs

4 hours ago, LeeGray said:

I’d be interested in a price on the biggest femac you think would be worthwhile on a yanmar b25v Eddie. As above, bit of tidying up before fencing, ditching or drain work mostly but if I could take my time doing some of the hedges and possibly verges that the tractor flail mower can’t get too at home that would be a bonus. Double fenced 400m ditch last year and replanted hedge on one side, thought it was great till the strimmer had to come out! Strimming is bad enough on the flat ground but going along either in the water or lop sided is a killer.

I’ll DM you next week if that’s ok. 

9 hours ago, LGP Eddie said:

Simple fact is they’re down in money big time now and still some quality about at the price.

Forget all that Tracking and Flailing, trying to emulate a Tractor on Hedgecutting etc, or the fact one of the new Robotic types literally eat the job.

They are simply a great bit of kit to have in the armoury, will tidy up a lot of stuff to a very respectable finish and add another string to a carrier machines bow.

Just use them as intended, do the section you can reach and move on.

If you’re on a 5 tonner or up there’s some more reasonable priority valve solutions about now to eek a bit more out of them.

I’m not doing the whole plug thing, if anyone in the job wants a Femac I do them at right money and have been awaiting for their latest big fixed tooth to mount under the Engcon on my Liebherr.

Eddie.

Hi Eddie, would you be able to email me for a price too when you get a chance. It’s to go on a Takeuchi TB125. I’d sooner buy from someone who knows what they are talking about rather than an over enthusiastic salesman!

im under no illusion that it is a machine to compete with a tractor, I’m just after a tool which I can accomplish what I’d normally have to face with brushcutters only sitting in a cab instead of getting tangled with brambles!

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, Matthew Storrs said:

Hi Eddie, would you be able to email me for a price too when you get a chance. It’s to go on a Takeuchi TB125. I’d sooner buy from someone who knows what they are talking about rather than an over enthusiastic salesman!

im under no illusion that it is a machine to compete with a tractor, I’m just after a tool which I can accomplish what I’d normally have to face with brushcutters only sitting in a cab instead of getting tangled with brambles!

No problem.

I really rate them 

I have one on bobcat e26 

really productive for brambles and the odd 2 inch tree, 

leaves a nice finish and does the work of 4 men with brush cutters to a better standard, needs a patient operator who listens to the rpm in the head, you can't track flail or lift and flail but can slew and flail nicely which is what you want 

image.jpeg

• Like 1