Mini digger flails- are they worth it.

Matthew Storrs

Only things that were a problem were big hits of polythene wrapping around. It easily came off just pulling it off by hand .

An old metal pole that hand been gas axed off 8” from the ground gave the teeth a good ding and a mattress full of springs under the Ivy brought things to a halt.  Word of warning, if there’s a big new shiny sign, there will of been an old 1 removed?

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Stephen Blair said:

Only things that were a problem were big hits of polythene wrapping around. It easily came off just pulling it off by hand .

An old metal pole that hand been gas axed off 8” from the ground gave the teeth a good ding and a mattress full of springs under the Ivy brought things to a halt.  Word of warning, if there’s a big new shiny sign, there will of been an old 1 removed?

Always had a pair of decent bolt cutters as they never go flat and a nice thin chain with a hook each end long enough to reach back to the blade.

Incredible the messes of wire etc I’ve had wrapped around the rotor, but a few moments finding the end and hooking it back to the blade and rolling it back out.

Scariest thing I’ve ever had was losing a tooth tip with plenty of sparks and a hell of a bang!?

Eddie.

• Like 2

On 27/09/2019 at 13:43, roseyweb said:

We have one our E26 

Its a fantastic tool, but it doe's over heat the hydraulic, it gets to 70'+ very quickly so flailing on a hot still day 

IMG_2354.JPG

That topiary job looks fab mate! Skill in effect there!..... How did you miss shatterin those windows? K

• Like 1

Mattresses are a pain in the backside with a tractor mulcher. Worst site I did had been used by cable thieves for stripping armoured cable - there was miles of the steel armour hidden in patches everywhere! If you were lucky and it was a small enough clump the mulcher would chop it up and spit it out (lots of sparks and metal shards stuck in the tyres and mudguards) - otherwise it was a shut everything down and get the grinder out again.... 

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

On 27/09/2019 at 13:53, woody paul said:

You did a go good job on them yews. 

Could you not fit an extra cooling fan. 

Its on my to do list, a fan would be a easy fit there, 

I took the bit of trim of to give a bit better air flow but the rad is tiny, when my fitter is back to good health its the first job for him, 

I love those Bobcat E26's  and I think there the best 3tonner having driven nearly all of them for numerous reasons, except the tiddly rad