Kiln Dry supplier for Newcastle upon Tyne area

JohnSlogs

Hi there. 

I run a small business selling firewood etc just outside N/cle on Tyne. 

Can anyone give me a price please to supply kiln dry logs. I've been buying this in from abroad and seen a 20% increase over the last 12 months. Ideally ( due to storage ) I could take approximately 20 X 2mts3 crates or equivalent in mesh bags. 

johnslogsnewcastle.co.uk

Hi there. 

I run a small business selling firewood etc just outside N/cle on Tyne. 

Can anyone give me a price please to supply kiln dry logs. I've been buying this in from abroad and seen a 20% increase over the last 12 months. Ideally ( due to storage ) I could take approximately 20 X 2mts3 crates or equivalent in mesh bags. 

johnslogsnewcastle.co.uk

I think you’ll have a job john. Everyone I’ve spoken to in the northeast is struggling with their own supply let alone the capacity to wholesale currently.

And certainly not the capacity to supply multiple wagon loads of netted logs on a consistent basis. Most are set up for bulk bags anyway.

No offence to you personally John, but those of us who produce our own from UK timber have been patiently waiting for the price of imported to go up until it’s not a viable business proposition anyway to be quite honest!

Might be worth trying one of the big boys though like DJ Davies Fuels. I know they do the majority of the prepackaged logs for garage forecourts in the UK. They do kiln dried for mole valley farmers (with their branding) and the quality is excellent. Wether you’d be able to put that kind of thing in at your current price point or have to put your prices up significantly I don’t know. It’s worth an ask I guess.

Thanks for your reply.
By the way of mesh bags I meant the one and two cubic meter vented bags.

I understand where your coming from about British suppliers and I would prefer to buy all my supplies locally however I operate on small profit margins so have to shop with cheapest.

The profit on the imported stuff is still about 25% so I guess I'm asking the impossible for someone to offer consistent supplies at a good price.

I sell 50 to 60 cube per month of barn stored and kiln dried if anyone is interested in giving me a price.

Regards-John

Thanks for your reply.
By the way of mesh bags I meant the one and two cubic meter vented bags.

I understand where your coming from about British suppliers and I would prefer to buy all my supplies locally however I operate on small profit margins so have to shop with cheapest.

The profit on the imported stuff is still about 25% so I guess I'm asking the impossible for someone to offer consistent supplies at a good price.

I sell 50 to 60 cube per month of barn stored and kiln dried if anyone is interested in giving me a price.

Regards-John

You could add plenty on to your logs and still be quite a bit cheaper than the wood fuel barn. Might lose a few customers but no point doing it for nothing.

• 1 month later...