Mobile Dimension Saw on ebay....scam?

Squaredy

I was very curious about the mobile dimension saw which ended on ebay this afternoon.  I would have bid, but I believe it was probably a scam.  I am interested to know if anyone on Arbtalk knows the answer.  If it does exist someone has got themselves a bargain, and good luck to them.  If it is a scam, I hope the winning bidder is being cautious.

Is everyone aware how awash with scams ebay is at the moment?  Come to think of it this has been the case in my experience for at least 5 years.  Luckily they are usually really easy to spot.

mobiledimensionsaw.jpg

Yes I did wonder.  

Hey what do you know - I didn't even bid and yet the seller has now emailed me saying the winning bidder is a timewaster and offering it to me at a reduced price with his email address.  Funny he didn't respond to my question whilst the auction was running, when I asked if he was OK with cash on collection.....

I agree I don't think they care.  I have also reported loads of stuff to them.  Sometimes they get taken down, but you are right nothing really changes.  If the criminals are in a developing country where poor policing and illegal activity are rife I guess there is not much they can do, but if the perpetrator is in the UK, or Europe surely the details should be passed to the police and action should be taken.

There must be people getting robbed every day, and it just goes on and on.  In fact in the UK I think I heard that cyber crime now exceeds bricks and mortar crime.

• 8 months later...

Looks like the same saw (or fraud) is back on ebay.  

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Mobile-Dimension-128-sawmill/302991495522?hash=item468bb35162:g:tpUAAOSwF1tcDtsD:rk:3:pf:0

Anyone know anything about this?  It may actually exist but I see it is exactly the same photos as the last time it was listed. 

If you are thinking of bidding take great care. 

If you know anything about it please let us know.

Looks like the same saw (or fraud) is back on ebay.    

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Mobile-Dimension-128-sawmill/302991495522?hash=item468bb35162:g:tpUAAOSwF1tcDtsD:rk:3:pf:0

Anyone know anything about this?  It may actually exist but I see it is exactly the same photos as the last time it was listed. 

If you are thinking of bidding take great care. 

If you know anything about it please let us know.

Be careful, my mate bought a hilux pickup on a 98 T reg i think it was, 12 yrs ago from Bolton, he sold it 3 months ago to a local bloke we know who wanted it for his lad down in Southampton, (he lives in the woods and apparently it would make an ideal ferrying and fuck about vehicle he said!)

About a month ago i was browsing hilux’s as i’m debating on what to buy next and ONLY by chance did i see his pickup for sale again cos i recognised the Reg! My mate looked over the advert and realised that the pictures he was seeing were from the original listing 12 yrs ago when he bought the pickup! they had replicated the advert but down in Southampton, (the scammers had obviously researched the reg from seeing it being used round Southampton)

We contacted the bloke that my mate sold the pickup to and explained what we’d seen and read, but he said no his son still had it and had no intensions of selling it as he loved it!

I did a simple google search of “toyota hilux” including his reg, and up popped the advert from 2006 when he first bought the pickup! Obviously its so easy to replicate and scam these days!!! So moral of the story is..... make sure you heavily research your soon to be purchases, or even if possible, go see the product before buying and don’t hand any cash over till your are 100% sure. [emoji106]

In answer to your post, yeah the identical pictures suggest a fraudulent sale, in my opinion of course.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Ratman said:

Be careful, my mate bought a hilux pickup on a 98 T reg i think it was, 12 yrs ago from Bolton, he sold it 3 months ago to a local bloke we know who wanted it for his lad down in Southampton, (he lives in the woods and apparently it would make an ideal ferrying and fuck about vehicle he said!)
About a month ago i was browsing hilux’s as i’m debating on what to buy next and ONLY by chance did i see his pickup for sale again cos i recognised the Reg! My mate looked over the advert and realised that the pictures he was seeing were from the original listing 12 yrs ago when he bought the pickup! they had replicated the advert but down in Southampton, (the scammers had obviously researched the reg from seeing it being used round Southampton)
We contacted the bloke that my mate sold the pickup to and explained what we’d seen and read, but he said no his son still had it and had no intensions of selling it as he loved it!
I did a simple google search of “toyota hilux” including his reg, and up popped the advert from 2006 when he first bought the advert! Obviously its so easy to replicate and scam these days!!! So moral of the story is..... make sure you heavily research your soon to be purchases, or even if possible, go see the product before buying and don’t hand any cash over till your are 100% sure. emoji106.png

Agreed.  Above all do not pay by bank transfer - not even a deposit.  Pay by cash when you pick it up; or by PayPal where you receive some protection.

• Like 2