Tp 160 tracked

Paul Mullany

Im new on here as a member so hello everyone.

Any one got any experience of a tp 160 tracked? Looking at their specs they seem pretty lightweight compared  to other 6 inch machines at 1195kg. At this weight it would be possible to put it on some flatbed 3.5t b licence van legally and pull a tipping trailer behind. I think this could be quite an effective one rig set up with a higher road legal load than the traditional 750 tow behind and 3.5 ton tipper van.

For the chipper, does light weight mean less robust?

Cheers in advance.

Paul

12 hours ago, Mick Dempsey said:

Never seen one, but remember the hopper will be very high and feeding it will be a real pita.

Taking it off would mean unhitching the trailer etc.

Not if you use a small plant /digger trailer. I have seen specially made tilt bed trailers for tracked machines, if you're going to do it might as well do it right. 

1 minute ago, inthewoods said:

Not if you use a small plant /digger trailer. I have seen specially made tilt bed trailers for tracked machines, if you're going to do it might as well do it right. 

He’s talking about putting the chipper on the truck and towing the trailer.

howdo paul??

i would of thought a tipper truck and small plant trailer would be easier to use. how high is the bed of the truck?

the jensen 530 tracked machines seem good dunno how heavy they are exactly around a ton i think.

hope you are well.

carl