Twin axle versus tri axle trailers - pros and cons?

Big J

9 minutes ago, Vespasian said:

Well I wouldn't know one way or the other, maybe they do maybe they don't.   anyway, who's really bothered aboutt galv looking a bit untidy in places.  as long as it covered it's all that matters..   

I have actually caught myself quite badly on a galanising spike

Edited by scraggs

6 minutes ago, scraggs said:

I have actually caught myself quite badly on a galanise spike

Buy a file if it bothers you that much..   I couldn't care less about the odd galv spike myself..  I'm always on edge when I put a trailer on that it might fall off the back of the truck..

Never been the same since one of my friends trailers decoupled and killed an old lady, he got nine months,not to mention the poor old dear lost her life..   against that, the odd galv spike ain't worth worrying about...

Edited by Vespasian

7 minutes ago, Vespasian said:

Well I wouldn't know one way or the other, maybe they do maybe they don't.   anyway, who's really bothered aboutt galv looking a bit untidy in places.  as long as it covered it's all that matters..   

That's a bit like employing a painter to paint your window frames white, and him painting them red, then him saying "all paint protects ya wooden frames, Gov".

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, woody paul said:

You would of on the ones I saw right on the end of the cross members near lashing hooks.

Yep that's exactly where the one I caught myself on was, underneath and didn't expect it there.

Fit and finish on the German trailer is outstanding. I really like the secondary gas strut suspension they have (in order to be allowed to drive at 100km/h) as it stabilises side to side movement. I've never, ever had it wobble it's tail on me. In 30,000 miles with some awful loads.

1 minute ago, eggsarascal said:

That's a bit like employing a painter to paint your window frames white, and him painting them red, then him saying "all paint protects ya wooden frames, Gov".

No, I'd say its more like the galving plant can't get it perfect every time..  its what galv is like..   instead of complaining, might as well accept galv is just like that..  its nothin to worry about..

1 minute ago, agrimog said:

how about something totaly different, tows everything I put on it, tracks the mog perfectly, rated at 10t and 50mph20160303_151953.thumb.jpg.a0c3c5c0159b5dc09edbf358d6ffe0d6.jpg

20150820_110210.jpg

Not for me I'm afraid. I like bit more comfort and I'd constantly get jammed on the tiny roads in Devon. It's like they build them for the original Mini and never widened them!

• Haha 1