Facebook tree guy sites.

Mick Dempsey

dare is,  their is errrr there is some decent content on there.  I don't take any of the 'bs' too seriously and see it as people just blowing off steam albeit macho steam.  Facebook has detracted from traditional website forums and it has also hit Ebay badly as it's so easy to sell stuff on there.  I find ebay a bit cumbersome when it comes to selling anything so FB makes more sense plus there are no fees to deal with.  I find FB easier to follow my 'tree friends' when it comes to work related posts and pics etc.  There is some serious crap on there that you have to unsubscribe from or ignore if you want a sane experience.  

• Like 1

I like the various specialty pages on FB.You can ask questions and share knowledge with people who actually own or have an interest in the machine being discussed.There is no financial gain involved for the admins of the page so they can be particular in who they let in.Also its easy to post links to any parts or suppliers that you might know of.

• Like 1

I got rid of fb on my phone. Still have an account though, so office work takes time scrolling through other people lives in attempt to delay writing that quote for job I don't want!

Instantly turned my phone from a moronic time waster into a sophisticated computer able to help me with information that's actually useful.

Still has arbtalk on it though! But that's the only "social" media on it. Messenger and what's app don't count do they?

• Like 3

Don't have the app on your computer then it should only give notification when you open it in a browser? Or can it do it anyway.

The Mrs kids use my computer then she sends me messenger messages that pop up on the screen while they are doing homework! That could go horribly wrong! Given them both their own sign in now!

• Haha 1