4x4 pickup/van mpg's plus reliability

steve collins

Correct. If a crewcabs weighs more than 2040kgs unladen, it is no longer classed as dual purpose and as such, is restricted to 60 as the national speed limit. Now that the automatic speed cameras are getting linked to the central computers through the ANPR system, you could be 'innocently' doing 70 on a dual carriageway or motorway and get an easy three points and fine!

The 2.2 Unlimited or XLT come under the weight so are okay. Apart from they need a few more ponies!
Thanks for that I am pleased mine is 2kg under 2040kg [emoji16]

3 hours ago, PeteB said:

Correct. If a crewcabs weighs more than 2040kgs unladen, it is no longer classed as dual purpose and as such, is restricted to 60 as the national speed limit. Now that the automatic speed cameras are getting linked to the central computers through the ANPR system, you could be 'innocently' doing 70 on a dual carriageway or motorway and get an easy three points and fine!

The 2.2 Unlimited or XLT come under the weight so are okay. Apart from they need a few more ponies!

Does that change only apply to pick ups or would it also apply to a car derived 4x4 van?

I think the ruling is more to do with the status, ie, a dual purpose vehicle (4x4 crewcabs) should be less than this 2040kg, above isn't classed as dual purpose and is a commercial truck. Slightly different MOT status too.

Not an expert, just saying......

Would the firm that sold it to you, have some responsibility for informing you under 'duty of care'?

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, PeteB said:

I think the ruling is more to do with the status, ie, a dual purpose vehicle (4x4 crewcabs) should be less than this 2040kg, above isn't classed as dual purpose and is a commercial truck. Slightly different MOT status too.

Not an expert, just saying......

Would the firm that sold it to you, have some responsibility for informing you under 'duty of care'?

If you want to drive yourself COMPLETELY bonkers, start at page 1 and see if it gets any clearer by the time you've reached page 23!

All I would say in answer to the question I've highlighted above is...

They don't tend to know!!  Certainly true in the case of Snows Toyota Plymouth!!

• Like 1