Log Load Prices??

defender tipper

Hi All, 

Just wondering what prices one should be achiving for load size 1.2sm of good quality clean Dry barn logs? (loose Tipper Load Hardwood)

I have just bought out a retireing Gents firewood round kit and all,but he has been charging a bit more than us,need to settle for a one price for all, and be fair.

Thanks in advance.

You're probably going to get a range of answers between £80 and £150. I would want £95 delivered but it's all going to depend how much others are charging and where you're based.

If you got stocks now is a good time to sell as others have run out. 

• Like 1

£120 if its a perfect consistent product. Disregard what others are charging.  A proportion of people are generally happy to pay more for a quality product.

Some say the price you can sell for is price driven.  If you want all the customers there are, you need to be selling at the lowest local price.

I prefer to have the top 1/3rd of the market and the sort of customers that attracts.

There are fixed costs in producing Firewood and the margins are slim.

For example : If you can sell for an additional £5, that could equate to a 20% increase in your margin.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, arboriculturist said:

£120 if its a perfect consistent product. Disregard what others are charging.  A proportion of people are generally happy to pay more for a quality product.

Some say the price you can sell for is price driven.  If you want all the customers there are, you need to be selling at the lowest local price.

I prefer to have the top 1/3rd of the market and the sort of customers that attracts.

There are fixed costs in producing Firewood and the margins are slim.

For example : If you can sell for an additional £5, that could equate to a 20% increase in your margin.

Thanks for that,.... prices are way above what we have been charging,so yes def need to have a good rethink

6 hours ago, Squaredy said:

I charge £144 for 1.2 cu m hardwood (kiln dried) and it is collection only.  And I cannot even come close to keeping up with demand.

I wish I had your customers. :)

Out of curiosity is that with vat? it looks like £120 plus 20% is all and retail is usually 5. 

• Like 2

I deliver in 2 volume sizes: 1.2m3 & 2.4m3 loose tipped, all hardwood sourced from local woodlands - no tree surgery waste. I’m Grown in Britain Assured & HETAS WoodSure / Ready to Burn Accredited. Currently charge £125 / £245, based in Hertfordshire.
I don’t overcharge but we produce a quality product which people want.
We also use the same seasoned timber to make British Charcoal.

• Like 1